Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Half Time

Half Time
It’s the half way point of the working week for most of the gentle readers of the blog. Go out and celebrate in an appropriate manner; if you decide to have a drink, please drink responsibly then.

The Princess
I got another email from the Princess this morning. She reads the blog.

She said that he is the boy friend.

This brings up a whole series of questions of me.

Fortunately for me, the Princess, being organized as ever, answered many of them for me without having to ask them. He will love Daddy’s turkey dinner with all of the usual trimmings. He does drink Guinness; I will ask Doug what I should buy since I am a Heineken’s drinker when it comes to beer.

I do have about a month and a half to get the place ready for the visit. That’s plenty of time if I spread the work out over a couple of weekends. I think I can finish everything easy enough.

The Princess hasn’t made her mind up about when she wants to be picked up at the airport but she has until the time the flight attendant makes you turn off your cell phone to let me know. She could even let me know when she arrives in Los Angeles. By the time I drive to the airport, she will be getting to baggage claim and will be waiting for her bags to come down the shute. I figure the last flight to Los Angeles from Atlanta on the Friday before Christmas will be a very full flight.

Doug
Doug and I talked a couple of times today about his paper for his Film Studies class.

Doug calls his paper “organized chaos” because there are no introductory or concluding paragraphs. He said his professor wasn’t concerned about this and had specifically said they weren’t necessary for the paper.

I thought that was very odd.

I said I would try a cut at organizing the paper a long some lines that made sense to me. There seemed to be a logical organization present in the underlying film screens. Maybe I’m wrong; Doug didn’t think there was that much of need for organization.

Then we talked about the Morton’s dinner on Saturday. We agreed that it would be unlikely that we could get a roast beef dinner to take home to his mother because we’re getting a later start to our dinner at 7:00 PM. We’ll order a New York steak and lobster tail for her as a take home meal.

Doug said he would gladly eat the steak and lobster tail if his mother didn’t want it.

Handsome gesture son.

Woman of the Moment
Here we have some more photos of Joyce Lex. These came from the Internet.




Be well and stay happy gentle readers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home