Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Weekend Preview - November 22nd

Weekend Preview
It seems strange to be writing the Weekend Preview on a Wednesday night. It’s the middle of the week still. However, tomorrow is a holiday and Friday is a semi-holiday as well.

Tomorrow is our Thanksgiving Holiday. This is a uniquely American event. It dates from our country’s founding and grew out of a regional event. My ancestors, I don’t know how many greats go into their familial labels, participated in the first Thanksgiving.

I will celebrate getting up early and spend most of my day in the kitchen cooking and then cleaning up afterwards. Doug and his mother will be out for the dinner. I will try to take a photo or two of the turkey and the rest of the food.

On Friday, I may or I may not have lunch with my friend Sharon. I offered to take her to lunch and she said that was fine. Unfortunately, Sharon hasn’t told me where her new office is or what time I should show up for lunch. It’s difficult to plan a lunch without knowing these key elements.

I may or may not go to the theater on Saturday to see the play, “Sister Act.” I asked Doug if he wanted to use the tickets. Doug is supposed to let me know what his plans are tomorrow.

The rest of the weekend will be the dissertation.

Sunday, I will take a break and see if Whitney returned from her Thanksgiving trip

Vivian did give her choice for her Man of the Moment. I’ll fit that into the Weekend Update.

El Gringo
On the related subject of food, I went to El Gringo tonight for my dinner.


Valerie the server was not in a happy mood. She thinks she may have broken her hand while skateboarding. Her hand was heavily bandaged tonight. On the plus side, Valerie is a nursing student at California State University Los Angeles so she got to practice on herself.

Valerie took this photo of me just before I started to enjoy my dinner.


I had a Pollo Negro Salad only without the pollo [chicken] and I substituted grilled and blackened mahi mahi. Mahi mahi is a relative of the tuna and is generally found in Hawaiian waters. I also had the cook leave the corn out of the salad. I have never been a fan of corn off of the cob as a food of choice. This is a spicy dish and I have it with a spicy salad dressing. I ended up having two large glasses of iced tea tonight.


The salad is a bowl of lettuce topped with some sour cream, avocado slices, tomatos, two or three types of shredded cheese, and the grilled and blackened mahi mahi. You do get a good sized portion of the fish.

Woman of the Moment
We are beginning to wind up the Joyce Lex phase as the Woman of the Moment. I’ve picked out a new Woman of the Moment from the Speed Options web site. I like going there for photos of the women. The site usually has an ample supply that can last for two weeks or so.



Programming Note
Just a simple reminder that I won’t have a regular blog posting tomorrow. The next regular blog posting is Sunday’s Weekend Update.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home