Wednesday, December 06, 2006

I'm Bored

I’m Bored
Wednesday is a boring day when you stop to think about it.

It’s in the middle of the week without anything exciting around it. Well, Friday is exciting but it’s not next to Wednesday. It’s sort of close. You are closer to the weekend on Wednesday than on Tuesday and that is good.

Doug
Doug called me this morning.

He got his grade on his paper on George Takei. He got the highest grade in the class.

This was a project that we had worked on over several iterations and lengthy telephone discussions. It was a difficult paper to write because of limited size and the paper had two major elements in it. Points were taken off from other student papers for going over the maximum length. Don’t ask me to explain the rationale for limiting students’ expression.

We both felt very good about the grade.

Doug has to come up into Los Angeles tomorrow for a meeting. It should end a little before noon. Neither of us know if the meeting includes lunch or not. I asked Doug to stop by my place and we could go have lunch at El Gringo.

I will be full of El Gringo food if we do go there tomorrow for lunch since I will be going there tonight for my dinner and to see Valerie the Server who argues with me over what I should order.

Social Me
I think most of you know by now that I am single and that I am between girl friends now.

I was reading in my Verizon.net news summary this morning that Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn have broken up. That was a smart move by Vaughn; he doesn’t get stuck with the expensive Christmas gift for the girl friend that would probably be looking for an engagement ring.

I was heartbroken for about thirty seconds and then I was over it. Of course, it could have just been some acid reflux from drinking too much strong coffee this morning as well. I do enjoy the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf coffee.

Anyway.

Jennifer, I’m not doing too much on New Year’s Eve.

I’d even be willing to drive over to your place in Malibu for a modest, simple celebration, assuming gas prices aren’t unreasonable. You can contact me here if you want to talk about your plans.

Woman of the Moment
Why not here? I was going to have some pithy comment for you but I lost it when I was out in the fog this morning.




Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home