Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Bad Hair Day

Bad Hair Day
I had a bad hair day today.

It was windy today so my hair was a mess. It is far, far better to have messy hair than no hair at all.

There is a storm system that is supposed to visit Southern California sometime today and on into tomorrow. I could feel the Prelude getting bounced by the cross winds as I drove home from school this afternoon. I was happy that I wasn’t driving the Pathfinder with its higher side profile.

I did have some rain fall on my windshield but not enough to cause me to turn on my windshield wipers. It was just enough to spot the windshield. I think I will get the Prelude washed and waxed this weekend. It has been a while since it was nice and clean.

The Park Next Door
The park next door to my building is still temporarily closed after the fire earlier this month.

Yesterday, the park workers turned the irrigation system. It watered the park and part of my balcony. This was not what I had expected to see happen. The irrigation system has never splashed on my balcony before in my twenty years of living here.

I think the city is going to take out some more trees. There are a number of trees that now have a yellow, police tape wrapped around them and some other trees have had the branches sprayed painted with the bright orange paint. I think the tree cutting is a result of the fire earlier.

My place will become sunnier and possibly warmer in the Summer if the trees are taken out. It is likely that my place will also become breezier because there will be fewer trees to block the winds off of the ocean. On balance, I think I will come off ahead. Once the tree is cut down, it will take years before another can grow and take its place. I will be long gone by then.

Woman of the Moment
This is as good a way as any to close a blog posting with Giselle Windecher. I didn’t have too much to say today since yesterday’s blog ran on and on.






Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home