Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Holdover Tuesday

Holdover Tuesday
This is a holdover day where I catch up with what I didn’t post on Sunday or Monday. I could also call today Election Tuesday. We had school board and municipal government elections today.

I voted; that gives me the right to complain about the quality of the government.

Woman of the Moment
Here we have Vivian Hsu as the new Woman of the Moment. She was recommended to me by my friend Vivian. This was a part of the traditional Vivuary Celebration, a month long celebration of all things Vivian.

Vivian Hsu is a Chinese actress – singer – model who will turn 32 this month [born March 18, 1975 in Taiwan]. According to IMDb.com, she has been in fifteen films or television series since 1994 including one cartoon series where she appeared or her voice appeared in 48 episodes.

From reading a couple of English language fan sites, I learned that she is fluent in Japanese and has Japanese television program. She started modeling when she 16 and did some nude modeling before she became a success. Vivian Hsu is a business school graduate so not all business majors are geeks or unattractive.

For the mathematically inclined readers, Vivian is 64 inches / 161 centimeters tall and measures 34 – 22- 34 inches / 85 – 57 – 85 centimeters.

Vivian has a basic web site that is essentially a photo gallery. It contains about 150 images; I found the bulk of the photos there. The URL is http://myhome.naver.com/miwave/vivian/vivian1.htm.




Job Searching and Interviewing
I got a phone call from a placement agency that was looking for someone to work at a financial institution and assist the Chief Credit Officer. The recruiter asked me to submit a Word.doc version of my resume. The one from the job board was not the best format in the world.

I had submitted my resume over the weekend. It was nice to see a response so soon. I will have to wait and see what develops.

My Friend Amber
My friend Amber sent me a photo of herself last night; that was a very nice way to end the day. I thought it was a very good photo of her even though she says she is not very photogenic.

I asked Doug for his opinion since he has been doing some interning for a film casting company that is located on the Universal Pictures lot. Doug thought she looked very nice also.

El Gringo
I went to El Gringo on Sunday for a late lunch – early dinner as usual.

Jess the Server was there. That was excellent. We did not talk as much as we usually do because she was helping a new server who was learning the company procedures and how to handle tips and how much to give the cooks and the bus girl who cleared the tables and refilled the water glasses. Refilling the water glasses is a big job with all of the spicy food that El Gringo serves.

My meal was very nice and spicy and filling. I had a large chicken burrito; all of their burritos are large. I probably drank too much water because I was up off and on all night long.

Jess said that she might be there on next Sunday.

This leaves me with a decision to make about whether I should go there or not. Right now, I am leaning towards passing on El Gringo on Sunday and maybe dragging Doug to El Gringo one night next week, either Tuesday or Wednesday. If I go on Taco Tuesday, I could see Valerie the Server and on Wednesday, we could see Lindsey the Server.

Decisions, decisions; fortunately, I can put them off until Sunday morning.

DAE JO YOUNG
The Sunday episode was not that exciting or interesting. It was mostly about psychological warfare and how to have prisoners provide information without actually using force or violence.

Dae Jo Young had captured a messenger with part of the Chinese army’s invasion plans. He had to threaten to kill the woman the messenger loved, that would be the nomad chief’s only daughter who still has strong feelings for Dae Jo Young. The messenger told all of the invasion plan details.

Unlike McClellan, in the campaign before Antietam in our Civil War, who failed to act aggressively when he had Lee’s invasion plans in his hands and the Army of Northern Virginia was scattered across Maryland, Dae acted aggressively and forcefully to see the future and to see the whole battle from the mental high ground. He organized the Korean defense so that the smaller Korean forces would be on the offensive. If the plan is successful, the larger Chinese army will suffer another defeat.

In a closing scene, the Korean Publius Quintilius Varus was talking with the sage who rescued him from the battlefield. He asked the sage to help him redeem his standing at court after suffering a humiliating defeat and losing 30,000 soldiers.

The sage says that he can’t help out because he has not found his true master. The true master is out there and the sage must go find him. I’m guessing the sage’s true master is going to be Dae Jo Young.

The Fire in the Park Next Door
The fire in the park next door on Sunday was not in the local television evening news that night. That was a disappointment to me. The news program did manage to cover the following stories: a 14 pound / 6 kilogram baby born in China; flooding in Australia; a building being demolished in Philadelphia; Michael Jackson in Tokyo; and the world’s longest firecracker in Taipei

I guess it was a slow news day in Los Angeles on Sunday.

I happened to go out this morning on my way to the polling place. I saw the park is closed. I guess the city workers are cleaning up from the fire mess still. I wonder how much long it will be closed.

Oh well, life goes on and so will I.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home