Monday, April 16, 2007

The Day The Well Dried Up

The Day The Well Dried Up
For some unknown reason, the water supply was turned off to the building. I phoned the city government and they said to phone the water company that provides the water. I phoned the water company and they said it was not them and suggested it was the building maintenance staff.

I don’t think the building would have turned off the water supply without notifying the residents before doing so. At least, I hope they wouldn’t do that.

No shower or shaving for me this morning. I am not a pleasant guy today.

I decided to phone Doug so he could be prepared if there was no water when he planned to arrive for the night. This was not a happy bit of news for him because it meant he might have to stay at home, behind the Orange Curtain, and face a two plus hour drive into the studio tomorrow. We ended the call with a statement from Doug that he would check in when he was between classes.

I went downstairs to check on my mail, sometimes it comes early in the day. Today was not one of those days. I did run into my neighbor who told me the water was shut off around 10:30 AM this morning. I knew this; he didn’t know when the water would be put back online.

I was about ready to go back to the flat when I heard some equipment sounds coming from the street in front of the building. It was a work crew from the water company. They were digging into the road.

Something was wrong with the water main line.

I phoned the water company again.

This time, I found someone who could answer my questions. Yes, the problem was with the water main line and the problem was reported around 1:45 PM today. This was two or three hours after I called the water company; but why complain about the past. The phone operator said it might take a couple of hours to fix but she was confident that the break or damage could be fixed in a couple of hours.

I am not that optimistic that the break can be repaired in a couple of hours. The workers are going to have to dig up the road surface and then dig down to where the pipe is. This assumes that they are currently digging in the right spot. Once they get to the pipe, they still have to fix the as yet undetermined problem.

If the water company phone operator is correct and I am wrong, this then is obviously good news for Doug since his last class is out at 9:00 PM. He could still drive out here and avoid the killing drive to the studio in the morning.

I will still have to sit and wait for things to improve for me.

Woman of the Moment
This will be the final images for Mao Kobayashi unless, of course, you go out on the Internet or use Goggle Images to find more views of her. I think it would be helpful if you knew Japanese if you decide to search on your own for more photos.




I decided to stay with an Asian actress for Woman of the Moment theme. Tomorrow, we will start off with a Korean actress and singer, Park Ye-jin. I first saw Ye-jin in her role as Chulin in the Korean historical drama DAE JO YOUNG. She plays the daughter of the nomadic tribe’s chieftain. This program is largely male dominated so she is what we could call the leading actress in the production. Her character is a warrior and she is the woman with the sword in her hand. The other woman is Hong Su-hyeon. She plays the Korean king’s niece.


What else I did today
I did work on school stuff. Grading papers can be a challenge when the students do not have a solid grasp of the English language and proper grammar.

I went to take a look at Amber’s my space page to see how she is doing. I guess she wants her privacy because she converted the page into an invitation or permission only site.

Good luck Amber.

That was about all there was for me today. Now, all I have to do is wait for the water to come back on.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home