Thursday, April 05, 2007

Weekend Preview - April 5

Weekend Preview – April 5, 2007
I think the big project for the weekend is to find out why one of my Cingular cell phones by Samsung just failed on me. I sent a text message late this afternoon. I checked to see if I missed the response while I was cooking dinner. That was when I discovered it was dead.

It is really dead. I tried plugging it into the charger and got nothing. No response. I did have some trouble with it in the last couple of days. I was unable to delete some heard messages

On the plus side, Cingular is advertising some nice simple and uncomplicated Nokia clamshell form cell phones. They just work as phones and that is good enough for me.

Now, the question for me is did the text message go through or not?

I will be working in the dissertation this weekend; well, working on it on Sunday because I will be in school on Saturday afternoon.

I may swing by El Gringo and see Jess the Server for dinner on Sunday also.

The Park Next Door
The tree trimmers were back in force this afternoon, cutting and trimming more trees. I think they are finished. If they haven’t finished, they are moving away from my flat so the noise is diminishing.

Road Construction
I found out what the construction is that will wipe out parking in front of the building. The building sites on the city limit. The next city over is resurfacing the street from the city limit to the bottom of the hill.

The project is being done in two phases. The south side of the street will be finished and then the north side will be finished. While construction is going on, there will be only one lane open in each direction.

I guess the good side of this work is that there will be no street work for the next ten years so that is nice.

Doug
Doug called me this afternoon to let me know he picked up his cap and gown for graduation and his picked up the tickets to the ceremony. Every student gets eight tickets. That is nice.

The ceremony is on a Sunday in May at 8:00 AM. That should discourage the crowds; I will have to get up around 6:00 AM to get there in time to find a good seat. I think it will be a shorts and golf shirt type of dress for the ceremony for me.

Doug is still knocked out from the flu or cold or whatever he picked up in New York City last week. He hopes to be back up to speed by the end of the weekend.

Woman of the Moment
I am looking forward to the Woman of the Moment. I seem to like the older Mao Kobayashi for some reason.





I hope you all have a great weekend gentle readers.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home