Monday, April 02, 2007

The Prelude Looks Nice

The Prelude Looks Nice
Yes, the Prelude does look nice. It also is clean on the inside as well. It is a pleasure to drive when it is clean and nice looking. I am trying to decide if I should buy alloy wheels for the car. The current plastic wheels covers are slowly losing their coatings and will be in really sad shape in a year or so. The Prelude is almost nineteen years old. I wonder if the wheel covers are still available as replacement parts.


Oh well, I have time to think about this yet.

My Amber Alert
It has been a week since Amber and I last talked or text messaged. I am waiting to hear from Amber. I guess she is not going to call me so I will try to call her tomorrow. It would be nice to have some degree of closure.







My Brother’s Cooking
The cooking and the asparagus sauce turned out fine for my brother. Rather than reinvent his words, I’ll just coy what he sent me in an email today.

Saves time and there is no loss of meaning in the rephrasing.

The asparagus sauce actually turned out pretty good. I added some mayo and set the sauce out to get to room temp..both of which softened the sauce. I enjoyed the sauce and would give my efforts a B. Sandy tried the sauce but it is not her cup of tea.

The veal marsala was very good and I would give myself an A-/B+. The mushrooms that soaked in the marsala sauce were dynamite! The sauce however was too thin and even when I added some corn starch to thicken, this did not work. I need some practice on thickening sauces.

The marinated flank steak was really excellent and I would give myself an A. Sandy even asked if there was anymore beyond what I initially served and went back for seconds. She did mention that the next time I could cooked flank steak to cook it just a little bit longer.

All in all, I was very pleased how things turned out.

Job Searching and Interviewing
I received an email from the chairman of the board of the credit union I interviewed with to be their next president. It was the short and to the point we selected someone else email. Still, it was nice to have closure here.

I always considered myself a long shot for the position because I have a limited practical accounting background. The president needs to be able to make accounting entries and close the books. I know and understand the process; I have never had to do that.

The new president is probably someone with an accounting background and that will be good for them for the short run. The new president, with an accounting background, will probably not be a risk taker nor have a progressive vision which is what the credit union needs.

I did offer my consulting services to the credit union in case they are looking for someone to help out on strategic planning.

Woman of the Moment
This is the time that we say goodbye to Giselle Windecher. I enjoyed seeing her in the Woman of the Moment feature.





Tomorrow, I will have a new Woman of the Moment.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home