Wednesday, April 04, 2007

The Park Next Door

The Park Next Door or Today Was Not A Good Day To Be Home
The city has still closed the park but I think they are getting ready to reopen it soon; maybe by the weekend. But, progress was made today.

The city hired an outside contractor to come into the park and cut the trees back that are next or close to my building. Between the warning bells when the trucks would back up to the chain saw’s roar to the chipper’s grinding; today was not a good day to be working from home.





All I could think about when the workers had the chipper right outside of my flat was the wood chipper scene from FARGO, only there was no snow around. This chipper was easily handling eucalyptus limbs that were up to four or five inches / ten to thirteen centimeters thick. There is a nice pile of mulch scattered over the park grounds now. My balcony is now very dusty so I will have to sweep it this weekend. I don’t want to sweep the balcony until I am certain the tree workers are finished.

My Place
The city has started a construction project outside of my place today. According to the signs, it will last until the end of the month. It looks like traffic will be reduced to only one lane in each direction with no curbside parking allowed.

This will make it difficult to sell the six units that are for sale in the building if no one can park. How can realtors show the units to prospective buyer and what will the buyers think about the building?

I wonder what the US Postal Service will do if they can’t park their truck in front of the building? I guess I can ask the same question of UPS. Speaking of UPS, I am scheduled to have a delivery sometime today. I hope it will arrive as scheduled.

Doug
I guess I will be out trying to save Doug a parking spot for the rest of the month on the days that he stays over at my place. I guess he is still under the weather because I thought he would have made a posting to his Skeet on Mischa blog site about the New York City trip by now.

I seem to be doing a lot of guessing today.

Woman of the Moment
This is the older Mao Kobayashi. She will be the Woman of the Moment for the next few days. Since she is a weather news reader, I wonder what she would say about the overcast conditions at the beach today besides, “it is cool and cloudy today.”





Be well and stay happy gentle readers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home