Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Short Posting

Short Posting
This will be a short posting because I don’t have too much to say today. I had planned to write about Doug’s trip to New York after we talked at our scheduled dinner tonight. Unfortunately, Doug picked up an extra souvenir in New York in the form of a flu virus that kept him up all night. He went back behind the Orange Curtain this morning to see his doctor. The doctor has him on bed rest for now.

I do believe that Doug and his friend Rob had a great time in New York, based on the photos that they took. I think Doug told me that he took over 600 photos while he was there. I think most of them are up on his flickr account now.

Woman of the Moment
I decided to have a Japanese actress and television weather news reader for Fuji Television, Mao Kobayashi, be the next Woman of the Moment. I first saw her as a supporting actress in DELICIOUS PROPOSAL, a television serial that also gave us Kyoko Hasegawa as a Woman of the Moment in 2006 and is also providing the current Weekend Bonus Feature Woman Eiko Koike. According to Wikipedia, Mao has been associated with six films and television shows.

Statistics are thin for Mao Kobayashi. I shouldn’t really say that. I bet the statistics are there if I could read Japanese. Mao is 64 inches / 166 centimeters tall. She was born on July 21, 1982




If I was watching her read the weather forecasts, I wouldn’t get upset if the forecast was wrong.

After I found some photos of Mao, I learned that there is another Japanese actress and model that uses the same name. The second Mao is 15 years old and specializes in a uniquely Japanese art form of modeling where she poses in a provocative manner that is clearly designed or intended for a much different result.

There is more English language statistical information about the younger Mao. She was born in Tokyo on January 12, 1992. She measures 61 inches /155 centimeters tall and is 33-24-31 inches / 85-60-80 centimeters





Amber and Me
I was talking to Doug after he stopped by last night. He asked how the home cooked dinner with Amber went. He was on his way to New York City when she was supposed to stop by.

I gave him the short version of what happened. Then, I speculated on what I should do next.

Doug observed that “it is what it is Dad” and suggested that I move on. He said that I shouldn’t obsess over the dinner. He said, “Dad, life is too short for warm beer and cheap cigars.” It was strange to hear him toss one of my trademark sayings back at me.

In the end, Doug is right and I am moving on.

I wish Amber well and hope everything turns out for her the way she wants.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home