Monday, April 23, 2007

Monday Blahs

Monday Blahs
Monday blahs are another way of saying I don’t have a lot to write about today and this blog is going to be a lot of odds and ends.

I had to struggle with the Sunday sudoku puzzle. This was to be expected since the puzzle was rated as “Tough.” It took me three starts at guessing and placing numbers. I did get it finished. I felt a strong sense of accomplishment when I put the puzzle down.

I called the Princess on Sunday. Her uncle wanted to know what the wedding was going to be. It is scheduled to start at 5:00 PM, nice. We talked about the plans and progress so far. The Princess said that she had been out trying the wedding food samples.

The Princess raved about how good the grits in a martini glass were. She said they really tasted good because the chef had added cheese to the mix.

Grits is a uniquely Southern dish. It is course ground corn and the ground corn is boiled until it is semi-solid. Grist can be served at any meal although it is usually served for breakfast. I plan to try some of the grits in the martini glass when I am at the wedding.

There was no rain or at least no rain that I could see at the beach on Sunday.

I went to El Gringo for lunch – dinner on Sunday. Jess the Server was working then. She was glad to see me. It is nice to be greeted by the server with a warm and friendly, “Hi Charles, good to see you. Can I get you your usual drink?”

I had a shredded beef burrito with sour cream and guacamole. It was larger than the usual burritos and it was a complete meal for me. It was filling beyond my biggest expectations. I washed the burrito down with some Barq Root Beer. The only problem with root beer is I tend to end up with a lot of gas in my stomach.

Woman of the Moment
We can’t have a day without a Woman of the Moment. I hope you enjoy Park Ye-jin’s images today.





I will write some more tomorrow.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home