Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Bored

Bored
I felt bored today.

I don’t know why I felt bored today. I knew I had a class to teach tonight and I knew I had to finish writing a quiz for my Wednesday morning class. I think I have some papers to grade as well for another of my classes.

I finished the quiz. I do not like writing quizzes at all. It is a painful process for me because they tend to be objective, multiple choice or multiple guess questions, depending one’s degree of preparation for the quiz. I would prefer to have essay examinations and quizzes but then I would have to read all of them and suffer through some poor writing skills.

There doesn’t seem to be a satisfactory solution for me.

I went to the market today for the weekly re-supply. It was another challenging obstacle course in food shopping. The market will be under going construction for another month according to one employee. This one month time assumes, of course, that there are no delays or other troubles in the remodeling project.

My Summer cold seems to be getting better. That is nice. I did strain my voice last night in class. One of the items that I picked up at the market this morning was some sore throat – cough drops. They are helping me greatly.

I picked up my school email when I went to class last night. We are having a staff meeting on Wednesday late afternoon. Since I will be at school anyway, I guess I will go to the meeting. The school is providing free pizza and soft drinks; free food is sort of an inducement to attend.

One of my former students asked me for some help with his Macroeconomics course. He is a technology student and needed some ideas for a couple of papers that he has to write for the course. I suggested that he consider the writing about the impact of a declining birth on a nation’s wealth. He looked confused and then I explained how a declining birth rate might affect a national economy. I said I would send him some material on the subject that he could use as a basis for his paper.

I wonder if he bothered to read the material I sent him.

Woman of the Moment
I decided to go with a short post today since I was bored. Maybe I can compensate with a nice selection of Faline Song images. I think this is worth the try.







Be well and stay happy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home