Monday, July 02, 2007

Road Work Is Finished

Road Work Is Finished
I think the road work outside of my building is finally finished. There was no actual work in front of my building. My building was affected because the work began just as you passed the building in the adjacent city. The construction work was blind to drivers heading east on the road so it had to be cordoned off to prevent an accident.

The lane markers in my city were repainted this morning. The other city has yet to repaint the lane markers. They do have some temporary markers up so drivers can use all of the roadway.

This project began in April and is finishing up in July. I thought it would take until July to finish. I guessed correctly for a change.

Other Things
Speaking or typing of an accident, I saw one in the local post office parking lot this morning as I mailed the month’s sports sections from the Los Angeles Times to my brother in San Francisco.

Two cars were backing out of the parking spots and neither one bothered to look over their shoulders. One driver sounded her car horn but it was too late to get the attention of the other driver. The damage ended up with a dent in one car’s front door.

Not too much damage by Southern California standards.

Then, I walked to the Prelude for my drive back to my flat.

Some yuppie scum was backing his gas guzzling SUV out of its parking spot and didn’t bother to turn his head to see if other cars might be behind him. I sounded my car horn. I don’t he heard me since he was talking on his cell phone. I had to continue to back and almost hit the car in the roadway behind me.

Oh, did I mention that I started backing before he did?

Minor detail don’t you think?

Anyway, I was unharmed. I hope the other driver dies a slow and painful death sometime soon so he can be removed from the gene pool. Society doesn’t need people like him around for very long except to use as a very bad example.

We had some new laws take affect over the weekend in California. One of the big ones was a fine of, I think, USD$270 for driving and using a hand held cell phone. You can only use hands free cell phones now in California.

This will not affect me very much. I don’t get that many calls to my cell phones. I think I will get fewer calls from my friend Sharon since she likes to call me when she is driving home from her job.

Obviously, this will be the end of the world as some people know it. The obnoxious ones who are always on their cell phones, trying to show how pathetically important they are, will be inconvenienced. The real question is do you care? I don’t care; these are the people who have to talk on their cell phones in the middle of a restaurant.

I ordered some personalized M&Ms for my friend Vivian a week or so ago. The online order site said I should expect the candy to be delivered around July 17th. I sent Vivian an email to alert her to the arrival of the gift.

I got an email from M&Ms on Friday that said my gift had been shipped. This was a surprise. I checked on the candy shipment this morning and it arrived in Ontario, California [part of Southern California] this morning.

It looks like I will have to send Vivian another email tonight when I get home from class to tell her to move the delivery date up a few days. Knowing how much Vivian likes candy, I know the early arrival will not upset her in the slightest bit.

This is a great kick-off for the 4th of July holiday for Vivian.

Life is good.

Woman of the Moment
I only have about a week’s worth of images for Jessica Vincent. These images came from Speed Options magazine. I did the Google Images search and came up empty handed. Jessica has no fan web sites yet so the choices were limited.






Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home