Thursday, July 12, 2007

Weekend Preview - July 12th

Weekend Preview
Where do I start with the Weekend Preview?

I did manage to get the Wednesday Make Up Feature out on time. That was a nice accomplishment for me.

I concluded my taste test with Heinekens Premium Light Lager Beer on Tuesday night after I got home from school. I missed the All Star Baseball Game because of class. I watched the highlights on ESPN while I had a couple of regular sized hot dogs and the last bottles of beer. The Premium Light Lager Beer does go very well with hot dogs and the Great American Pastime.

Doug and I are having dinner on Saturday night at Flemings Restaurant at Fashion Island in Newport Beach. Amy the Server, formerly of Morton’s, is now working here. Doug and I want to check the new steak venue out. Doug is still on his not eating so much beef drive so I said that he could have a whole lobster or grilled salmon for a change. He thought those were excellent suggestions.

I do need to get the Prelude washed and probably the Pathfinder washed as well. They are both looking on the seedy and very dirty side now.

Periodically, I check where the blog’s visitors come from. I got a surprise to day when I noticed that one visitor had come from the Skeet on Mischa spin off, Skeet on Willa. The spin off has been shut down for a couple of months or longer now.

I didn’t think anyone was going there anymore.

I also check to see what visitors are searching for. This is how I know that the readers do like the Woman of the Moment feature since some of you come in search of a specific woman.

My sinus cold and sore throat seem to be almost over now. I am sleeping much better and I can talk above a bare whisper now. I should be back to normal by the end of the weekend with any sort of luck.

Excellent.

There are the usual household maintenance activities to do this weekend like cleaning and laundry. There are probably a few more things for me to do as well; I just do not want to think about them now.

I need to go to Office Depot and pick up some more printers cartridges. While I am there, I will take a look at getting a copy of Office 2007

Young Women’s Fashions
Why do young women use black nail polish?

I noticed this on Wednesday morning with my class. All of the young women were wearing black nail polish. I don’t understand why they make this selection since it seems to be so negative in my mind. I think the black nail polish makes their fingers look very dirty to me.

Oh well, it is their lives and not mine.

The Princess does not wear black nail polish.

The New Stylist Becomes The Stylist
I went to the New Stylist this morning for a haircut. She calls it a styling. I elevated her to the status of The Stylist now since she has done a great job on my hair.

Anyway.

I was amazed that The Stylist was there when I walked in for my 9:45 AM appointment; the Receptionist was surprised as well. She even made a point out of telling me The Stylist was there, on time.

The Stylist was also impressed that I had made my next appointment on Wednesday when the Receptionist called to remind me about my appointment. I might as well save a phone call because I know my hair will continue to grow.

The Stylist gave me a hug and that was nice of her. She said that I looked very cute in the pink shirt I was wearing today.

I don’t want any of you to think that this was the usual sort of greeting. I think her warm feelings for me may have been influenced by the cinnamon rolls I brought to the salon for her and the Receptionist. I know they both have a fondness for sweets and they like to eat with their morning coffee.

The pink shirt is an old one with me. It was one the Princess picked out for me years ago. The Princess thought the pink shirt would liven up my wardrobe; being banker tends to make you want to dress conservatively.

I told The Stylist that the Princess had picked it out for me. The Stylist said that she had very good taste in men’s clothes.

The Stylist knows that I cook. She asked me if I had tried any new recipes.

I said that I hadn’t tried any new ones lately but I was thinking about trying some new ones that feature some simple dishes like potato and shrimp salad and grilled lobster with shallot butter.

The Stylist said they sounded like wonderful meals.

I hope they turn out that way.

Teaching
I wore one of my Tommy Bahama Aloha shirts to school on Wednesday. It is business casual for the Summer and I decided to be comfortable. I had one of the women who work in Admissions complement me and say that was “a very nice shirt.”

Always nice to pick up a compliment.

Attendance is finally mellowing out and settling down. The school is having trouble getting the students to show up for their classes. It is Summer time and it is Southern California so this is difficult for young people to want to go sit in a class room for three or four hours. The Dean sent around an email that showed all of the instructors were having trouble with attendance.

I asked one of the veteran and well respected instructor if he had any suggestions on how to boost attendance. He said wait until September and things will get better. Time is a solution.

I lost two students from my Wednesday night class who were very promising. They will be dropping out of school for non-academic reasons. This class started out with a roll sheet of 31 at one time and next week, it will be down to 20 students.

We had our once a term faculty meeting last night. I went to it because I was at school and I had no better offers for a free dinner. The school ordered in pizza. I had a bar-be-que chicken pizza that was very good.

It was not the best pizza because it did not come from Pappa John’s Pizza but the price was right for me.

The big part of the meeting was a web broadcast from the company CEO. He went on to tell us how valuable an education was and urged us to convey the message to the students. I like to think that most everyone there was aware of the value of an education.

Driving home from class at 10:45PM was a bit of a driving challenge for me. I was following a large tractor trailer truck, a couple of miles / kilometers ahead of the Prelude. It had an outside tire fail and part of the tire tread ended in my lane. It was dark obviously and I barely had time to see the large tire fragment and serve around it.

The car behind was not so lucky and it drove over the tire fragment. Both cars were driving fast so I expect the other car has some serious underside damage now. I was very glad that the general traffic flow was light when this happened.

Vivian’s Man of the Moment
This week’s edition of Vivian’s Man of the Moment features Jonathan Rhys Myers. He played the role of Henry VIII in The Tudors. Vivian’s company financed the production of the mini-series.

Vivian thinks that Henry Cavil is better looking than Jonathan Rhys Myers. She also pointed out to me that Myers takes his clothes off more often in the series. That was not a selling point for me.


Woman of the Moment
I found a nice series of Faline Song images. These are different from the majority of the downloaded photos that came from either her web site or the Speed Options web site. When I run out the series of images, I will resort of collecting images of Faline in bikinis and lingerie. That should work nicely for most of the regular visitors to the blog.







Have a great weekend.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home