Sunday, July 22, 2007

Weekend Update - July 22

Weekend Update – July 22nd
I did some cleaning and laundry on Saturday. I didn’t get all that I planned to do completed but I did make a good start towards cleaning the place up a bit. I will work on the cleaning during the week so that I will be caught up by the end of the week.

My movie trip ended up with me taking a walk along the beach instead today. It was warm and sunny and one of those really nice Southern California days that cried out to be spent outside. Regrettably, I left my camera home and passed up the chance to create my own local Woman of the Moment on the Beach feature.

Maybe next week.

I was reading one of my news feeds over the weekend. It carried a report from Technorati that said a Chinese woman was the first to achieve over 100 million hits to her blog. Given that I have only achieved a little over 6,000 visitors, I was impressed the success of Xu Jinglei. Her blog is only about her personal life and I guess that makes it all the more impressive.

Since she is an actress and film director, I was able to download a few images of her. Unlike her Japanese and Korean counterparts, she does not have a web site or a collection of bikini photos. I did find enough to have a small Woman of the Moment segment in the near future.



One of the few features of the Microsoft Office 2007 Upgrade that I like is the frequency that it sends me update files. I seem to be getting an update email notice each week with ten or more updates to load.

This leads me to conclude one of two possibilities exist. One, Microsoft is getting along better with my Firefox web browser. Two, Microsoft is still producing error prone products with gaping security holes.

I’m hoping it is because Microsoft will tolerate working with Firefox.

Visitors
The visitor traffic picked up this week and that was nice to see. The foreign visitor count is off from before the start of the Summer. We had visitors from Canada [5], Texas, United Kingdom [2], Brazil, Chile, Japan, Italy [2], Ireland, Pakistan, Australia [2], France, Spain, Malaysia, Philippines, and Singapore [2].

We also had some visitors who stayed with the blog for an extended period of time. We had visitors stay for 22.5, 21.5, 20.5, and 19.5 minutes.

I do appreciate all of you who stopped by to visit the blog.

Woman of the Moment
I decided to move the Woman of the Moment up from the end of the blog for a change. I don’t know if this is a permanent change or not. I think I am about to run out of Faline Song photo themes in the next day or so.






Doug's Posters
I picked up the posters from the framer, Bay Cities Frames, yesterday and took them out to his mother’s house. The framer did a great job on the poster; both Doug and I were very pleased with the workmanship.


After we unloaded the Pathfinder, Doug and I went to lunch at Fatburger in Mission Viejo. It had been a while since we ate at Fatburger. I had a Kingburger Big Deal which is a half pound / quarter kilogram beef patty with cheese, tomato, onion, and lettuce. Doug had the same meal. With the Big Deal meal, you also get a choice of skinny fries or fat fries and a medium drink. I had skinny fries and he had fat fries.


It was a tasty meal.

The Princess
The Princess called me on Friday morning just before my morning class ended. I took the call because it was unusual for her to call then. My class was not concerned; they started to pack up their books in anticipation of class ending soon.

There was no emergency. That was nice.

The Princess called to tell me her fiancé was wearing a kilt to the wedding. This was more than a surprise for me. About all I could say was that I didn’t think I would be wearing a kilt to the wedding.

I am sure there is a perfectly good reason for the kilt out there somewhere.

If nothing else, the wedding photos will be colorful.

The Princess also managed to resolve the names on the invitation decision this week. I guess she ran into a time line constraint and had to make a decision or else the invitation would not be finished in time for a proper mailing.


That was my weekend. I hope you had a great weekend.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home