Sunday, August 05, 2007

Weekend Update - August 5th

Weekend Update – August 5th
Boy, do I have a lot to say today.

Well, maybe it is not a lot. I think I have a lot to say but this is all before I put my fingers on the keyboard. My weekend was eventful for so many reasons. Firstly, I will stat off with a warning message.

If you use MSN Messenger like I do, beware of an instant message from a known friend that says go to the following web site:

http://www.messengerdeletechecker3.tk

This is a bad site. It will take over and disable your Messenger and Hotmail accounts. I know because I experienced the trouble first hand. I received an instant message from a known individual. I was curious to see who deleted me and I failed to follow sound Internet practices.

I should have been more alert and looked at the URL more closely. Any legitimate Microsoft web site should end with the usual .com. I should have been more suspicious when McAfee Site Advisor had no rating for the web site. I should have been more suspicious when the web site said you can change your password temporarily if you are unsure.

Anyway, I spent about an hour putting things back together.

I have a new Hotmail account with a different password. I have changed the password on the Lenovo laptop to recognize only my fingerprint. I will probably switch back to a more conventional alphanumeric symbol based password of more than ten characters in a couple of weeks.

And this was only Saturday night.

Back to the beginning of the weekend.

Doug was up here for a couple of days for job interviews and a David Lynch screening. It is much easier to drive to the interview from my flat than from his mother’s house.

Doug went to a screening of INLAND EMPIRE at the UCLA – Hammer Museum in Westwood on Wednesday night. Seeing the film was good; the added bonus was a question and answer session with David Lynch afterwards. Based on his comments, this was an excellent evening for someone who loves the cinema.

I could not attend because I had a class to teach.

Doug thinks his interviews went well. He won’t know for sure for a couple of days or maybe a week or longer. Sometimes, the hiring party starts off with great urgency and then all of a sudden stops moving forward.

We went to dinner on Thursday night because I did not feel up to making a special trip to the market for food for a dinner. We ended up at L.A. Food Show because we both like the food and have not been there in a while.

More about dinner later on.

Faline Song
I received a comment from Faline Song, the one of the most recent Women of the Moment on Thursday afternoon. She made a comment to the July 26th blog posting.

My skeptical son would say, “Dad, how do you know it was from her? It could have been from anyone.”

Oh well, I have my fantasy dream for the moment and I choose to keep it for now.

Anyway, she thanked me for saying nice things about her.

Saying nice things about Faline was easy for me. All I had to do was to write the truth as I and you gentle readers saw it. Faline is a very attractive young woman who could make any man stop in his walk to watch her walk bye.

These are my favorite images of Faline in case you need a memory refreshing.




More about Faline later on.

Visitors
We had visitors this week from Canada [2], Australia [2], United Kingdom [3], Texas, Sri Lanka, Poland, Japan, Korea [2], China, Israel, Columbia, Taiwan, and Spain.

We also had two visitors who stayed around for a while. One stayed for 20 minutes and the other stayed for 16 minutes.

I do appreciate all of you who stop and visit the blog. If I had no visitors, I would not writ the blog.

Dinner with Doug and the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf
We went to L.A. Food Show for dinner because we like the food there. We like to have dinner there around 6:00 PM or so. The place starts to get really crowded closer to 7:00 PM. It was crowded and people were waiting for a table when we left.

Doug surprised me with his order of the 3 Crunch Chinese Chicken Salad. He ordered a large one and that was his meal. The 3 Crunch is from roasted slice almonds, fried noodles, and roasted wonton. It looked like a very healthy meal.

I should have paid attention to what was going on. I ordered too much food. I had a small L.A. Food Show Salad Bowl and I took half of that home with me for Friday lunch. I ordered a cheeseburger and French fries for my meal.

We did split an order of their Avocado, Bacon, Cheese, Chicken Egg Rolls.

Yummy.

L.A. Food Show is located in the Manhattan Village Mall in Manhattan Beach, California. The company will open a second location in Beverly Hills sometime very soon. There is a Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf store in the mall. We went there for dessert.

Doug ordered an Espresso Peppermint Chip iced drink. I had a Mocha Mudslide iced drink. Doug had been talking about the Mocha Mudslide all Summer long so I decided to try one. We both ordered a large drink.

This was my big mistake of the day. The coffee is always strong there and I did not order my drink made with decaffeinated coffee. The Mocha Mudslide is an excellent Summer drink. I have not had a coffee drink like that in a couple of years. I have cut back on my caffeine drinking so the drink hit me like a ton of bricks when I went to bed around 9:30 PM.

I think I finally feel asleep around 2:00 AM.

Faline Song – Part II
I couldn’t sleep because of large amount of caffeine in my body.

I started thinking and fantasizing. I had a lot of time for this. I certainly was not going to fall asleep anytime soon.

I decided to imagine what my life would be like it I won the lottery and a pile of money. Tom Leykis [http://www.971freefm.com, broadcasting Monday through Friday, 3:00 PM to 8:00 PM, Pacific Time Zone] says that “hot chicks are attracted to men with money, power, or fame.” The broadcast is streamed over the Internet.

If I won the lottery, I would have money and presumably some hot chicks knocking at the door.

That got me to thinking. Would I want to have a hot chick or very attractive young woman with me all of the time? We would be certain to draw more than our fair share of stares and attention, given our age difference. Probably, she would be young enough or maybe too young for Doug to date.

Then, I decided the obvious solution was to try out being out in public with a very attractive young woman like Faline Song. Faline certainly is young and very attractive. Besides, being a car show spokes model, she is used to having young men stare at her. This would be a test run to see how I liked being seen in public with a woman like Faline.

I figured I could try the test out in a variety of venues like sports stadiums, fine restaurants, theaters, museums, and traveling places. It is better to spend some money and see how I will like being stared at than to spend a lot of money and then discover that I do not like the outcome.

I think Faline is in Los Angeles so that could work out for me. Of course, I do have to win the lottery first and my chances are millions to one against me.

Sleep and My Shoulder
I was tired all day on Friday as you can imagine. No sleep or not much sleep will make for a very long day. I almost took a nap when I came home from school on Friday. I decided against the nap since it would ruin my chances of a long restful sleep that night.

It was very easy to fall asleep when I went to bed around 9:30 PM on Friday. I woke up around 7:00 AM sometime. My right shoulder was sore then and has been stiff all weekend long. I think I slept on my shoulder for too long.

The rest of my body felt great though.

My Friend Sharon
I got a call from my friend Sharon on Saturday. I had the phone turned off on battery charge so I missed speaking to her.

Sharon called to say that the bank that had been interviewing her for the better part of a year decided to not hire any of the finalists for the position. Instead, the bank decided to change the job and start the hiring process all over again.

Sharon did say the bank really liked her presentation, the one that I helped her with. That made me feel good.

Still, in the end, it seems to me that the bank is awfully wishy washy and unable to make up its collective minds. They need to either fish or cut bait. Going back to the drawing boards at this late of a time in the process, final interviews, is incredible poor planning and project management on their part.

In a way, I am happy that Sharon did not land the job. She might have had to move away from Los Angeles and then I wouldn’t see her very often.

Teaching
The school term is winding up and I only have three more weeks left until the end. The last week is an easy one with very limited lesson planning. Most of my classes are presentations of course projects. I think I have examinations to give in two of my classes.

The really sad part of teaching is having to fail students.

Actually, I do not fail the student. The students fail themselves by not completing the assignments. The students all received a course outline on the first day that included a schedule of assignments with their due dates.

I have to nag the students all term long to submit the assignments. They seem to ignore me.

I will have to fail some and that means they may be in my class again.

DVD Planet
I went to DVD Planet on Friday after my class. I wanted to up some DVDs from the new American Film Institute’s revised 100 Greatest American Films. I ended up with ten of the newly added films. That made a big dent in the films I need to acquire.

I have eight more on the list to acquire and it will be complete. Four of the eight are out of print so who knows when they will be available for purchase. One has its release date on October 16th; that film is likely to end up under the Christmas tree as a gift for me. One was out of stock temporarily. I will go by DVD Planet next Friday and pick it up.

The remaining two films are Marx Brothers comedies. They are only sold in box sets with one film being in each box set. That really annoys me because I will have to spend around USD$40 for the one film in each set that I really want.

Doug said he thinks the Marx Brothers were great comedians and would be happy if I wanted to give him the six films that I did not want to add to my collection. That was generous of him I think.

Woman of the Moment
The new Woman of the Moment is Masami Nagasawa. Masami is a young Japanese actress who has appeared in twelve films and ten television limited series productions. Nice for a woman who is only twenty; she was born on June 3, 1987.

I first saw Masami in the relatively long television series Dragon Zakura where she played a high school student who was struggling academically. Masami recently was the leading actress in the limited series Sailor Suit & Machine Gun that only recently finished its run on local Southern California television.

For those of you who are statistically inclined, Masami is 66 inches – 168 centimeters tall and measures 34 – 22 – 33 inches or 86 – 56 – 84 centimeters.

I hope you enjoy her period as the blog’s Woman of the Moment. She should be with us for a week or so. I got lucky with the Internet and found around 45 images of her although some are on the small side.





Faline Song – Part III
I had some free time this morning. The Sunday paper was not as thick as it usually is and I was able to finish the sudoku puzzle, rated as tough, relatively quickly.

I decided to see if the posting could have come from Faline Song. Sitemeter.com only tells you so much information about a visitor.

The posting came from a computer somewhere in the United States so that includes Southern California. The exit page was consistent with her comment. The fact that she visited several pages in the time she was at blog would be consistent with her statement that she checks out web sites with her name on them. Visiting several pages would be consistent with checking out the blog and the nice things that I said about her.

Circumstantially, I feel very comfortable in my belief that she made the posting, skeptical son notwithstanding.

El Gringo
I plan to go to El Gringo as usual today for my last meal of the day. I wonder if Jess the Server will be there or if it will be the Fill In Server instead. Come back on Monday and find out how my meal went.

Faline Song – Part IV
I added Faline’s web site, http://www.miss-faline.com to my bookmarks. This will make it a bit easier for me to keep up to date with her images on her web site. I suppose that I could sign up for her email service but that might seem a bit much, even for me.


I hope you all had a great weekend or at least one that was better than mine.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home