Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Sleeping Well and Stiff Backs

Sleeping Well and Stiff Backs
I slept extremely well last night; better than I have slept in a couple of days. That was very nice for a change for me. My head hit the pillow around 11:00 PM and I did not move, literally, until the clock radio went off at 5:21 AM.

Naturally, I hit the snooze button more than once this morning.

When I did finally drag myself out of my bed, my back was stiff from having been in the same position for so long. It was somewhat painful to walk and bend.

This morning would have been a perfect opportunity for my girl friend, if I had one, to leap to rescue and provide me with a stimulating massage, if she lived with me.

And, what is the moral of this story?

No good deed or event goes unpunished obviously.

I think I took a longer than usual shower this morning as I let the hot water hit my stiff back. That felt much better for me.

The Wedding
I phoned the Princess yesterday to see what type of tuxedos the bridal party was wearing. The Princess wasn’t sure what the men were wearing but said she would add me to the list at Men’s Warehouse. All I have to do now is go to my local store, tell them the group number and wedding name and they will fit me with what I need to take to Atlanta.

That was simple and easy.

I think I will order the tuxedo around Labor Day. I don’t want to wait until the last minute and run into troubles and delays. This is one time when being early makes a lot of sense.

Teaching
Class last night was a challenge for me. Only one of my three students showed up and he was an hour late.

Missing class last night was unfortunate since I covered the chapter that represents about 10% of the course grade. They have a complex problem to complete and then present in class on the last day. I will not be able to go back and cover the chapter for a second time since I have other topics to cover in the remaining weeks of the term.

These students, all three of them, are likely to do poorly in the class and it is not a difficult class to pass. Accounting is a paperwork intensive course. You have to complete a lot of homework and individual and group projects. There are no examinations.

Unfortunately for the students, they have put off doing the homework and projects until the very end. Either they are lazy or they lack the proper motivation to study for school.

I find it depressing to have prepared for class over several hours of my time only to discover that none of the students have even bothered to read the week’s chapter or chapters. They come to class ill prepared and unready to learn.

Tonight’s class should be interesting since most of the students are working diligently towards completing all of their course work. I still have about half of the class that has not done anything. They will do poorly in the course; one or two may even fail because they did not complete the coursework assignments and course project.

I do my best and encourage the students to get the work turned in on time.

Woman of the Moment
Xu Junglei will only be here for a few days. I was only able to find a limited number of photos of her. She does not have an English language official web site that I could find. I am almost certain that she has a Chinese web site. Not reading Chinese was a major handicap in finding it for me. Still I am pleased with the images that I found.





I wish my back was as flexible as her back is in the sidebar image.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home