Thursday, August 02, 2007

Weekend Preview - August 2nd

Weekend Preview – August 2nd
It is the weekend again. Weekends seem to come around with remarkable regularity and this is good for me. I need the time for my voice to rest up after five classes, some that have three hours of lecture to them. I also need to rest my leg joints because standing on a concrete floor for three or four hours is not kind to one’s knees and ankles at all.

I have another class tomorrow for my Consumer Behavior class. It should be a good class session.

After class on Friday, I will drive home by way of DVD Planet so I pick up my copy of 300. One of my students in my Wednesday morning class asked me if I had picked it up yet. He was the first in line at his video store when it opened on Tuesday. I told him that I thought I could wait until Friday and get it then.

I will also be picking up a bunch of the films that I did not have from the revised American Film Institute’s 2007 version of the 100 Greatest American Films. I think I only need about a dozen of the new films that made the list. I will not, of course, discard any of my original 100 Greatest American Films from 1997.

I have some laundry and cleaning to do this weekend. Naturally, there are some lesson plans to create and I will have some papers and tests to grade.

Sunday means a trip to El Gringo and an opportunity to guess who the server will be; Jess the Server or the Fill In Server.

Doug
Doug stopped by on Wednesday after he went to see the David Lynch film INLAND EMPIRE at the Hammer Museum in Westwood. It was more convenient to sleep at my flat than to drive behind the Orange Curtain.

Staying at my flat made sense since he had a job interview this morning. He will bunk here tonight since he has another interview on Friday.

We talked at lunch today about whether I was going to buy HOT FUZZ [probably yes] and THE HOST [uncertain at this time]. Doug said that I ought to buy THE HOST because it has great cinematography and it is a good film and it was well made.

Nice reviews.

I don’t feel like cooking so Doug and I will visit the L.A, Food Show for our dinner tonight. I know we will split an order of Avocado, Bacon, Cheese, and Chicken egg rolls. Beyond that, I have no idea what I will have to eat for dinner. I hope I can save some room for dessert; they do dessert so well there.

Visitors
We had a total of 342 visitors to the blog in July. This was an improvement of July 2006’s results of only 265. I think if I had been writing more I might have had more visitors. Still, I am happy with the improvement. I hope I can continue to increase the readership – viewership in the coming months.

Thank you all for stopping by the blog.

Woman of the Moment
This is the end of Xu Junglei as the Woman of the Moment. I said I only found a few images of her and most of them were on the small side so they do not work so well with the Blogger.com image servers.

Any woman who can achieve 100 million hits to a personal blog has to be fascinating.





I don’t know who the next Woman of the Moment will be. I went to Speed Options to see who their featured model was for August. She was not up yet. It looks like I will make up my mind on Sunday when I am writing the blog.

Vivian’s Man of the Moment
Vivian is a tall young woman. I think she is close to 67 inches – 170 centimeters tall; she could even be a bit taller than that. It has been difficult for me to tell because Vivian likes to wear long pants. One never knows what kind of shoes women are wearing when they wear pants that go to the floor.

Anyway.

Vivian’s Man of the Moment is Kevin Connolly from the HBO series Entourage. Kevin is only 65 inches – 165 centimeters tall and that would be short for Vivian. She said she would explain her current interest in shorter men to me sometime which may be after Labor Day sometime.





Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home