Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween
It’s that time of the year when we celebrate. I am prepared as usual. I haven’t had any trick or treaters stop by my flat in years. This is probably because this is a security building and there are very few families with small children in the building.

I saw Sharon Tay on Sunday evening on the local television news program. It was nice to see her back on television. I guess she must have been on vacation or ill during the Southern California fires.

Doug and I went out driving yesterday. I drove for about an hour or so. This was my first time behind the wheel since the operation. Everything was fine and I had no real discomfort.

I was driving the Pathfinder since it is easier for me to get into. I do miss not having a sunroof in the Pathfinder. I can get used to that because the Pathfinder has a much better air circulation system inside of the truck.

I am thinking of donating the Prelude to charity to simplify my life and reduce my vehicle insurance bill somewhat. I like the donation idea because the Prelude is so old and in need of about USD$5,000 in repairs.

The Princess called yesterday to see how I was doing. We talked briefly because I was taking a nap at the time. She and the Golfer are fine and settling into married life.

Naps are nice to take from time to time.

Doug and I went to see Ang Lee’s new film LUST, CAUTION. This is a NC-17 rated film set in China in the early days of World War II during the Japanese occupation. We both thought the film was over long, by thirty to forty five minutes. The cinematography was excellent; we both agreed on that. I thought the film went over board on the explicit sex scenes that created the rating. I didn’t think they were necessary and the film could have been produced with an R rating instead. I don’t think either one of us would be in a position to recommend the film.

Dinner for us tonight was a trip to Bonello’s Pizza. I had a pizza with sausage, pepperoni, mushrooms, onions, and anchovies. Doug had a pizza with only pepperoni. It was a very filling meal and one that will carry over for my lunch tomorrow.

I am getting better each day and I feel good now.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home