Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I'm back after a fashion

I’m back after a fashion
I’m back gentle readers.

In my last regular posting, I said I felt poorly. I had no idea how bad off I was until Monday afternoon when the emergency room doctor told me that my intestine was completely blocked. I had been scheduled for surgery in a couple of hours.

My surgeon took out a section of my intestine and left me a nice, manly scar. She did a good job of patching me up. On Wednesday, another doctor inserted a stent in my left kidney to improve its drain function. I had a really nasty psychotic reaction to the drugs after the procedure.

The Princess flew out to see me for a few days last week. That was really thoughtful of her and understanding on the part of her employer.

I talked with her and Doug about changing the blog or even stopping it. Major changes in your life, like the one that I had, tend to place things in the proper perspective. The Princess encouraged me to continue the blog because she thought it would be good for me. I agreed with her.

I will continue the blog but with some changes. I will be ending the Woman of the Moment feature for the time being. I don’t think I will be posting as frequently as I did before. I need to build my strength up now so I can get on with my life.

I am home from the hospital now and resting. Doug is staying with me for part of the time to help out. I am unable to drive right now.

Most of the future posts will be about the wedding and the surgery. I’ll try not to bore you with them.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home