Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Princess' Wedding

The Princess’ Wedding
I could go on and on and on about how wonderful the wedding was. Of course, I knew it would be a wonderful experience and my expectations were exceeded beyond my imagination.

It was an outdoor wedding in Atlanta. Weather in Atlanta is almost always a tricky proposition. In our case, it was perfect. No humidity, no heat, and, most important, there were no insects to bother and torment the wedding party and the guests.

The venue was a local park. It was in a natural amphitheater that was surrounded by mature trees. It looked out on to a small lake with ducks and other water fowl that swam around.

We had a great long entry down a granite staircase. It was almost good enough to double as an exterior screen from GONE WITH THE WIND.

I will admit that I was in pain and not in the best of spirits. I sucked it up and carried on because I was not going to let the Princess or the guests down.

The ceremony was brief and simple. Everyone seemed to be so pleased and happy with the plans the Princess and the Golfer made. The new son-in-law is a professional golfer.

I couldn’t eat anything so the great dinner was lost on me. I spent most of the dinner period outside, trying to stay calm and comfortable.

The Princess said I made the best father of the bride speech that she had heard.

The wedding video is in the final editing process. It is around 80 minutes long. This was a faster turnaround that I had expected. Doug and I saw a preliminary version that was about 20 twenty minutes long. I thought it was excellent; Doug thought the music selection could have been a little better.

I shared the video with my friend Vivian. Vivian loved it and said it looked like a perfect story book wedding.

It was.

Normally, I would insert some photos from the wedding here. I’m waiting for Doug to distill down the over 850 photos that he took into a smaller and more workable 200 or 300 images.

I’ll put some images up as soon as I can.

My Recovery – Part 1
My recovery is going along nicely.

I had three meals yesterday and slept soundly. I have been out and active as I build my strength up. Today, Doug and I saw MICHAEL CLAYTON. I really liked the film and was very glad that we had a chance to go see it.

My doctor gave me a prescription for Vicodin as a precaution in case I have any pain problems. So far, I have only needed a single Advil PM at night to help me sleep and then I am good for a solid seven to eight hours of sleep.

Tomorrow, I am going to see my doctor to get a release so I can return to teaching. I am looking forward to getting back into the classroom soon.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home