Sunday, November 25, 2007

Weekend Update - November 25th

Weekend Update
I wrote a Christmas letter for the first time. You gentle readers know what has happened to me so I don’t need to print it here next month. I have a number of friends that are not blog readers. They should be. I had the Princess and Doug take a look at it and they made a few minor suggestions to make it better.

I worked on my course grades over the weekend. I have a make up class on Monday to replace the one that was cancelled on Thanksgiving. I also have to create a quiz for my Monday class. I won’t be having a two week break between terms now. This allows the school to shut down for two weeks at Christmas and still have four, twelve week long terms in the year.

Doug and I were talking at Thanksgiving about going to Morton’s. Doug said going to Morton’s was an exception to his plan to avoid red meat starting now. He was saying that his friend Natalie was wondering what I was going to have a Morton’s. Natalie thought I could finish a small lobster tale and that any of the regular beef dishes would be too much for me.

Fortunately for us, I received an email from Morton’s that advertised special holiday lunches in December. This will be perfect for Doug and me. They serve everything we like for lunch and our favorite Morton’s is open for lunch Monday through Friday. We decided to go on a Thursday in early December before I go into my second chemotherapy cycle. Thursday also works well for me since I will be at school on Thursday morning. I will save some on the gasoline to get there.

Now, all we need or want is to have Lily the Server work there when we have lunch and have her for a server.

Visitors
We had visitors from Canada [7], Germany [2], Australia [4], Korea [2], Italy, Singapore, United Kingdom, India, Finland [3], Texas, Japan [5], Hong Kong, United Arab Emirates, Jordan, Romania, and Brazil.

We also had one visitor who found what I wrote worthwhile and stopped by for 14 minutes.

I do appreciate all of you who took time out of your busy schedules to visit the blog during the week.

Football
Our University of Utah Utes lost to Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah on Saturday afternoon 17 to 10. I suffered and watched the entire game on television. It was a depressing way to spend a perfectly nice Winter day at the beach.

I think the Utes lost the game rather than BYU beating the Utes. The Utes played like the Oakland Raiders and amassed almost 100 yards in penalties. Most of the penalties were key ones that kept BYU alive and in possession of the ball. In addition to sloppy play, the Utes had more mental lapses than a first time SAT test taker.

The Utah coach didn’t help matters any with his less then creative play calling. The only plays that seemed to work were play action passes. There were very few of those. The coach, for some reason, is in love with gadget plays such as triple reverses that ended up losing 10 or more yards.

Our Utes ended up with a season record of 8 wins and four losses and third in the Mountain West Conference; good enough to make it into a post season bowl game. BYU won the conference and should play in the Holiday Bowl in San Diego unless they get invited to a BCS game. I doubt that will happen.

The Utes will probably end up in a second tier post season bowl game. It will be one of those middle of December, middle of the week games to be shown on cable television. One of the possible bowl games that was mentioned was the Poinsettia Bowl; that came from the football game broadcast commentary.

On the plus side, a post season bowl game is likely to help the Utah recruiting effort.


That was my weekend. I hope you had a great weekend.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home