Monday, March 31, 2008

The Force was still with me today

The Force was still with me
The Force was still with me today when I went to the hospital to pick up my next prescription of drugs for the chemotherapy cycle that starts on Friday. The parking lot was almost empty or what passes for near emptiness in the middle of the day. There were no cars circling the full parking lot. I found a spot where I could drive through and be facing out when it came time for me to leave.

That was sweet.

When I was walking back to the Pathfinder after I got my prescription, I happened to pass a nursing staff member while in a cross walk. She said, “You look great.” I smiled and thanked her.

That was even sweeter for me.

Doug
Doug and his friends Rob and Derek went to the exhibition baseball in the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum on Saturday. The report4ed crowd was over 115,000 baseball fans and I am guessing that most of them spent a lot of time standing in various lines, food, restroom, and so on.

Doug said he enjoyed the game but was not ready for baseball in a football stadium. He also felt the organizing could have gone better. I can agree with him because the left field seats are only 260 feet – 80 meters. The Coliseum had a 60 feet – 18 meters high fence in left field to reduce the number of home runs. This compensates somewhat but it is not how baseball was meant to be played.

Saturday and Sunday Dining
I went to Burger king on Saturday as usual for my dinner. I was ready for a hamburger, fries, and a cold beer for dinner. I asked for extra tomatos, onions and pickles. I was going to eat at home by myself because was at the baseball game. I would not be bothered by the extra onions and other condiments.

When I got home, I discovered that my Whooper was sort of flattened or crushed and there were none of the extras that I had asked for even though the wrapper clearly indicated that there were to be some extra condiments. The only part of dinner that went according to plans was the cold beer. I had a cold can of Heineken’s Beer with my disappointing hamburger.

Sunday was much better because Doug and I went to Fatburger for diner. Everything turned out the way we had ordered and expected our food to be. Of course, there was no cold beer, just cold Coca-Cola and that was great with me. I think the counter clerk made a mistake and gave us larger than we were supposed to have drink cups. I didn’t realize this until I tried to get a lid for the cup and ended up having to use a large lid.

Oh well, mistakes happen and sometimes they benefit you.

Woman of the Moment Encore
I do not have as many images of Aiko Tanaka as I do of Eiko Koike. Maybe when Aiko finished her website, you can find more images. Some of the images are significantly older, like the ones I posted yesterday. I will make an effort to find and use the newer images or at least the ones that I think are the newer ones.






Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home