Monday, March 10, 2008

Cancel the Big Chocolate Brownie

Cancel the Big Chocolate Brownie
I went to the hospital pharmacy to pick up my prescription for Xeloda this afternoon. You will recall the clerk had said she would waive the charge for the prescription which I thought was very generous and unnecessary on her part.

But, anyway and back to the story.

You can imagine my surprise when a different clerk said I needed to pay for the prescription. That would be USD$462.95. I did not have my check book with and I was not going to make two trips to the hospital in one day. I have to out and about tomorrow morning so I will swing past the hospital then.

The clerk who said she would not charge was working the counter. I thought for a moment that I should say that she said she was not going to charge and ask for an explanation. Then, I decided to not raise the question. There was no reason to get her in trouble with the powers that be; that should never be; or could never be.

Life, after all, is way too short for warm beer and cheap cigars and mindless civil servant functionaries.

15th Annual Douglas Reinhardt Birthday Dinner at Morton’s
This event would have been known as Douguary 2008 until Doug decided he wanted to use a different description so we settled on this one.

One of the really great parts about this birthday dinner was that we were in a private room that was so quiet. We could talk at a normal conversation level and be heard clearly by the person on the other side of the table. We also had a personalized menu for the dinner.



Doug does not like to have his photo taken. You’ll just have to accept the idea that these are photos of Doug with his dinner, a Chicago style rib eye steak with a lobster tail along with some mashed potatos and steamed green beans. Morton’s gave Doug a candle on his Morton’s Cake dessert and sang “Happy Birthday.”



I had a small steak and part of a salad for my dinner. I was not that hungry so I took the steak and salad home for my dinner on Sunday night. It was very good on the next night. I had another type of chocolate cake that was mostly all chocolate. I managed to eat that on Monday. It was wonderful and probably an excellent reason why I gained another kilo.


Woman of the Moment Encore
We will start the formal Woman of the Moment Encore, as voted on by the readers, with Eiko Koike. I have about 70 images of Eiko; but, I do not plan to post all of them. I am planning on posting about 15 to 20 images over the next two weeks.

You can see more of Eiko at her web site, http://www.eikokoikeonline.com.






Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home