Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Some Days Are Better Than Others

Some Days Are Better Than Others
I’m a cancer patient and I am going through chemotherapy. Friday was the half way spot on my first round of chemotherapy. I had my fourth infusion and I have four more infusions to go.

I think I will be having at least one more round of chemotherapy. That ought to take up the beginning of the New Year.

The Baby Blues, Glenda and Jennifer, came bye to say hello. That was a nice pickup for me.

This is my off-week for treatment. I only have a dressing change scheduled for the week.

My Saturday class was fairly good. About half of the class did not show up; I guess getting up was too hard for them. I do have one older student who likes to hear her voice in class. She has a tendency to speak up and comment, regardless of whether the comment is related to the course discussion.

I was going to put a posting up on Sunday but it was a bit cool for me and my fingers were rather sensitive to the keyboard. I tried to take a nap on Sunday. That was a failure. I live across the street from a church so it is a quiet neighborhood for the most part. Sunday, the church decided to have a festival with live and well amplified music; obviously, a nap was out of the question.

The Princess phoned me on Monday after her trip to Salt Lake City in conjunction with her birthday. She seems to have had a very good time with her girl friends from college. We talked about my trip to Seattle in June. The Princess thought that June might be an excellent time to visit since the weather is likely to be optimal.

Perfectomundo.

My friend Sharon phoned me this morning. She wanted to reschedule our lunch plans. We talked for a while; it was nice to hear her talk without too much tension and drama in her voice. Her assistant just gave his notice so she will be on her own in about two weeks, all of which makes scheduling somewhat problematic.

I didn’t celebrate St. Patrick’s Day because I am neither Irish nor Catholic. Doug did celebrate because he is a quarter Irish; we did the math before he headed out to join his friends at an Irish pub – bar in Hollywood. From all accounts, he had some fun.

The best part of my day came when my friend Renee called. I have known Renee since maybe 1993. She is an abstract impressionist artist. Doug used to call her painting finger painting until I told him how valuable her paintings were. He has changed his mind about her painting style and has one of her paintings of his own now.

Renee says I am special for her because I helped get her career off of the ground. She says I gave her the first solo art show in her career.

I was president of a credit union at the time. I wanted to have original art on the office walls. I went to a large show with hundreds of young struggling artists, all trying to get noticed. I saw and liked her work and invited her to hang some of her work in the office. The credit union paid her a modest sum. She sold some of the paintings. I bought two that I really enjoy.

Renee wanted to talk to me because she needed to hear my voice. She felt the impersonal email was just not the right way to communicate. We talked for about an hour and covered a wide rage of topics; it had been a long time since we had our prior conversation. Renee gave me some suggestions about health food and supplements to help keep me healthy. I will give them a try if the oncologist agrees and gives me her approval to try the supplements.

We did agree that Doug and I have to visit her at her new house in Ventura that is only three houses away from the beach. That will be perfect for Doug and me to watch the young ladies in bikinis. June is going to be a busy month for me; I have the trip to see the Princess and the shorter trip to see Renee.

Visitors
Last week was a good week for visitors to the blog. We had visitors from Canada [16], Texas [7], Netherlands [2], Spain [5], Germany [11], Iran [7], Peru, France [7], United Kingdom [12], Japan [7], Singapore, United Arab Emirates [2], Italy [4], Israel [2], Switzerland [2], Australia [4], Austria [2], Taiwan, Colombia, Poland [2], Brazil, Uruguay, Russia, Slovenia, Sweden, Latvia, Korea, Ireland [2], Belgium, Malaysia, Denmark, Indonesia, and India [2].

We did have some visitors who stopped by for a longer stay. These visitors stayed for 35 minutes, another for 30 minutes, one for 22 minutes, one for 21 minutes, and one for 19 minutes.

I do appreciate all of you stopped by the visit the blog. I know that you are busy and probably have other more important tasks at hand rather then stopping here.

Woman of the Moment Encore
I know that some of you have been visiting here because of the Woman of the Moment Encore program. I track the most popular entrance and exit pages.






Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home