Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Confusion Reigns

Confusion Reigns
I went into the Nissan dealership to have the Pathfinder fixed. I was expecting a fairly simple and routine procedure today; they only had to replace one part. The dealership’s parts department called me on last Thursday to say the part had arrived.

I said that was great and that I scheduled a repair session for Tuesday with my service advisor.

The dealership’s service department called me yesterday morning to remind of the appointment. That was great follow-up in my mind.

Things started to fall apart as soon as I got to the dealership.

I arrived two minutes before my schedule appointment time. I am really time sensitive and it bugs the crap out of me when people are late. My service advisor was not there. I explained to the replacement service advisor the status of my contemplated work and that the replacement part was in the parts department.

She took all of the information down and entered into the dealership’s computer system.

After waiting for three hours, I tracked the replacement service advisor down to see when the Pathfinder would be down. She fumbled around and finally had to page the service department to get an answer.

The service department manager came to the service office and said they were waiting for the part to arrive.

I exploded and told him the part had been in their parts department since last Thursday. I asked him how they could be that incompetent.

I was frustrated and mad at wasting more than two hours at the dealership will they played around. I said, “Fine; put everything back together and I’ll take my truck someplace else where I could believe in the quality of the repair work.”

I relented when they said it was only twenty minutes more to complete the task; now that they knew where to find the part.

Forty minutes later the job was done.

Right now, I am hoping and praying that I get one of those post dealership service survey questionnaires to complete. I will be brutally honest with the survey.

For the record and in the interest of fair and balanced blogging, the dealership in question was Power Nissan in Torrance, California.

Can anyone guess when I will be going back there?

Pigs will fly first and the Los Angeles Dodgers and Los Angeles Angels will play in the World Series first.

Recovery Part 17B – Cancel the Big Chocolate Brownie Part 2
I went to the hospital after spending all morning at the Nissan dealership to pick up my pills. The confusion clouds preceded me to the hospital.

I was able to find a parking spot almost immediately. Parking is a real challenge at the hospital. I had no trouble when it came to paying for the prescription except that the clerk who took my check was surprised at the cost of the pills.

I was the third person in line to pick up my prescription. I was beginning to feel that my luck had changed for the better.

The pharmacy clerk went to find my prescription. I could see her look through the alphabetically labeled boxes of prescriptions. She kept looking back at me and smiling.

I began to become nervous and concerned when the clerk started ducking into closed office and cubicles. This was not a good sign for me.

Eventually, after waiting for about fifteen minutes, the pharmacy clerk returned with my prescription. I think that she either found it or they very quickly created a new one for me.

In any event, I was happy to have the prescription in my hands and I drove home, happy for the balance of the day that promised to be warm and sunny.

Woman of the Moment Encore
At least this part of my day ought to go smoothly. I have all of the images on the CD in the disk drive. All I have to do is select which ones to post today. That is a good challenge for me.





Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home