Thursday, March 20, 2008

My Favorite Baby Blue

My Favorite Baby Blue
I saw my favorite Baby Blue today when I went in for my weekly dressing change. This would be Glenda.

Glenda didn’t change my dressing today but she did stop by to say hello and give me the biggest smile that I have observed from her. I guess she was in a good mood today. Glenda said she read the blog and my comments about her giggling all of the time. She was giggling when she told me she was a reader.

[Note to self: Glenda is a reader; take more care with what you say about her.]

My day started off great for a change.

School

My classes went well yesterday. I had a full class for my Microeconomics course. I gave them their first quiz. I am wondering if I want to grade before the weekend or just wait until Sunday evening to grade the quiz.

I don’t want to have my weekend spoiled by having to grade a quiz where everyone did poorly.

The Wednesday night writing class went very well. The lesson plan called for a discussion on the issue of truth and which theory, evolution or intelligent design, is the answer to the question of how we got here today. It was a fascinating discussion.

We also discussed their course projects. Some of the groups are in good shape and some others concern me because I fear that the weaker groups will fail badly at the end of the course. I have tried to schedule the course project so that they all start early on the final project that is a moderately long paper.

Phi Delta Theta Fraternity
My good friend Scott called me yesterday. He wanted to invite me to a fraternity dinner out in Orange County for next Thursday night. Scott is going to be the featured speaker. I think Scott and I go back for maybe twenty years to when he was an undergraduate at the University of Utah.

We also talked about our old chapter at Utah. It was closed by Fraternity and University for hazing. It was the right decision to make. The original plans to restart the chapter called for an initiation of new members in May. That has been postponed until Fall. I think everything will turn out fine in the end; so we take a little longer to restart.

Amber the Stylist
Amber sent me an email reminder last night about my hair cutting appointment. Usually, I send her a reminder but since she has been on time for the last couple of appointments, I let it ride. Amber said that she was looking forward to seeing me today at 11:00 AM for a hair cut. Amber also said that Natalie was going to be out of the salon today and be unable to remind me about the appointment as she usually does.

I replied that the appointment was for Friday at 10:00 AM.

I had another email from her when I got home from seeing the Baby Blues at the clinic. She laughed at her mistake and observed that being on time two days in a row would not be a bad thing.

Woman of the Moment Encore
I might as well conclude a very nice day for me with some Eiko Koike images. These images, like the others I have posted, have come from her web site. For those of you who missed the web site’s URL, it is http://www.eikokoikeonline.com.






All in all, I had a good day.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home