Saturday, August 08, 2009

An Almost Epic Day

An Almost Epic Day
Friday was an almost epic day for me. It was my regular once every three weeks appointment to see Dr. Karen.

I am calling it an almost epic day because Dr. Karen on vacation on Friday. I got to see one of her medical BFFs, Dr. Michelle Wang. Dr. Wang is a very nice doctor and is an oncology fellow just like Dr. Karen.

I wonder if there is a female version for a member of a fellowship program or not. Would she be a fella or fellete?

Wendy and Vrunda really liked the Tommy Bahama aloha shirt that I wore to the clinic. I told them I wanted to dress up for them and look nice. That made them giggle and smile.

Some of the patients do not seem to care about their appearance and that may be a result of their condition. I suppose that if you are a woman and you have lost your hair, it is difficult to want to look nice.

Dr. Wang kept the appointment short because she was not familiar with me. I think this was the second time has seen me. She suggested that I hold any questions regarding long term treatment plans until Dr. Karen returns in three weeks. I don’t know if Dr. Karen is on vacation for three weeks; my next appointment is in three weeks.

One thing nice about Dr. Wang is that she starts seeing patients early. I was the first patient to be seen so I was in and out of the oncology clinic quickly. She gave me my prescription and I was off to the pharmacy.

The pharmacy is usually a bottleneck when I go to the clinic. Friday it was like an express lane for me. I walked in and picked up my number to drop off my prescription. I looked up and saw that my number was the next patient to be helped by the pharmacy clerks. I walked right up to the counter and turned the prescription in.

I was in and out of the oncology clinic and pharmacy in less than two hours. I still had to return to the pharmacy to pick up the prescription but that was in the late afternoon. The pickup only took five minutes to complete.

In and out in less than two hours; an epic day.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home