Thursday, October 08, 2009

No Utah Football

I started to write this blog entry on Monday afternoon. I was interrupted by a call from school asking me to substitute in a class that night. I was also called in on Tuesday and Wednesday to substitute. The extra money is always nice to have and I had taught the classes before so it was easy for me to fill in.

No Utah Football
Our Utes had a bye weekend so that left a void in my sports life.

I see my Brother’s school, the University of Southern California, did very well playing against the University of California at Berkley. I don’t think I will talk about that game when I see Dr. Karen on Friday; she did her undergraduate work at UC Berkley.

Molly the Stylist
I went to see Molly the Stylist on Thursday. She was happy to see me. Molly remarked that my hair was long. I said it had been a while since she last cut my hair and that it tends to grow between cuttings.

Judging from the look on Molly’s face, I don’t think she was thrilled with my hair growth comment.

Molly was thrilled with the Fairy Tale Brownies, they were an early Halloween gift. As the Princess would say, “Daddy, you can never go wrong with a box of Fairy Tale brownies.” The Princess would know as she has enjoyed more than one box.

It turns out Molly loves chocolate. That was good for me since the brownies are mostly all chocolate; she even likes the ones with nuts. I don’t care for the ones with nuts because the nuts take up space that could be better filled with chocolate.

I said, “Aren’t you glad that I waited until after your wedding to give you the brownies?”

Smiling as she always does, Molly said, “I would have killed you if you did.”

[Note to self: always beware of women with sharp things in their hands.]

Hershey’s Candy and the Princess
The Princess called to say she received her Halloween can of Hershey’s Miniatures. She had already broken into the can and said the contents were just fine. I do wonder, however, just how much of the candy will remain by the 30th.

Running out of candy before the 30th is not my fault or problem.

Theater
I went to the theater to Saturday to see “Steel Magnolias” with a friend of mine who enjoys the theater about as much as I do; she used to be a dancer on the stage. We both enjoyed the play and used the intermission to catch up on what has happened in our respective lives. We had great seats in the center of the fourth row.

I wish I had had the Princess sitting next to me at the play; she could have given me a California English translation from the Southern, having spent several years in South Carolina and Georgia. Some of the dialogue was delivered in a really heavy Southern accent that was impossible for me to follow at times.

Visitors
It seems that the blog traffic has drifted lower on a permanent basis now. Last week, we had 54 visitors who viewed 57 unique pages.

I am fairly certain that I could build the traffic levels up if I restarted the Woman of the Moment feature. I will ask the Princess what she thinks about a relaunch when she comes home over the Christmas holiday.

Looking Ahead
Tomorrow, I get to see Dr. Karen and Nurses Wendy and Vhrunda at the oncology clinic. I know my weight will be up because I visited Fatburger for my dinner after my substitute classes. I will also hear how they liked the candy I left them three weeks ago. I wonder if any is left by now.

Doug suggested that I go see CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS. Hopefully, it will still be playing at my local multiplex cinema on Saturday.

My Nokia USB phone recharger may arrive on Saturday. I bought the USB recharger so I can recharge my phone with my solar powered radio. This is part of my earthquake preparations plan. I want to be able to recharge my cell phone after an earthquake at a time when electrical power may not be available at my home. I am highly confident that the sun will be shining.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home