Monday, November 09, 2009

No car wash today

No car wash today
I had planned to get a car wash today. I changed my mind because there was a forecast of a chance of rain this week. No sense getting the Prelude washed and then having it get dirty from a possible rainstorm.

When I came back to the flat from running errands, I was doubly glad that I had passed on a car wash. The building’s maintenance man was using a leaf blower in the car park to gather up the dust. He was blowing the dust from one side of the car park to the side where I park my car and truck. The freshly clean and still damp Prelude would have been covered with dust.

Sometimes I get lucky.

Fry’s Electronics
I went to Fry’s Electronics in Manhattan Beach this morning to take a look at a laptop computer with a “HD glossy” display. They had the model I was interested in buying apparently in stock. I wanted to see what the display looked like before I pushed out any money.

Unfortunately, the store inventory computer system was dead when is stopped by. I didn’t want to wait until the system came back on line.

When I got home, I called Lenovo's call center. The call center representative said that the glossy display screen worked well in most situations except for direct sunlight.

Fine with me since I don't take my laptop out in the sun to use.

I asked him if he knew of any retail stores in Southern California that carried Lenovo products. He referred me to TigerDirect.com. Obviously, he was either lazy and didn't want to put himself out and look things up or was so misinformed as to be stupid.

Either option works for me.

The new Windows 7 Laptop
I logged into Lenovo.com to place an order for the system that I wanted when I got home.

It was no longer available.

Massively frustrated, I went to their thinkpad.com web site to find something that I could like. I found the almost identical machine readily available for only USD$10 more. It lacked Bluetooth so I popped an extra USD$20 so I could have that feature.

I got a bonus with the nVidia graphics card at no extra cost to me. The new nVidia Geforce G240M card came with 1 GB of memory which was double the memory in the original laptop that I wanted to buy.

I will have to wait an estimated extra four days my new laptop to be built and shipped. I figure that for the extra money I got a big pickup in video resolution and motion quality.

DVRing
I went to the theater on Saturday night so I recorded my Korean historical drama – epic for viewing on Sunday. I was certainly glad that I recorded the program because it was the final episode.

The final episode was a very satisfactory tying up of all of the loose plot points and story lines. I was fascinated at the fact that the primary protagonists all died within a year of each other.

I tuned in on Sunday to see if the channel was going to launch another similar program. The channel broadcast a Korean version of their music awards without any subtitles so it looks like I will have to tune again on this coming Saturday to see if there is any replacement program in the wings.

Visitors
I wandered through the visitor log on Sunday evening because my Korean historical drama was over. I noticed that the Iranians have returned to the blog and they are viewing the young Western and Asian women in skimpy bikinis again.

I do worry about their souls for good Muslim men should not be viewing such material.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home