Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Nokia Charger

The Nokia Charger
My new Nokia charger for my cell phone arrived today. It fits in my Model 6126 cell phone just fine.

I bought this charger because it plugs into a USB port instead of a regular outlet. In and of itself, this is not a significant deal. When you couple my solar powered emergency radio that has a USB port that is in my earthquake emergency kit, it starts to make a lot of sense.

I live in earthquake country. My flat is no more than two miles from a major and active fault line. I know that Southern California is long overdue for a major earthquake; a major quake is something more than 7.0 on the Richter Scale.

I am expecting that some cell phone towers will survive the quake and will remain operational. There will be limited access to the cell phone network as the few remaining towers are initially overloaded with calls. The call volume will die off as batteries die; residential electricity will be slower in restoration. I, on the other hand, will be solar powered and will be able to make calls.

Perfectomundo.

My plan was to test the charger when it arrived. Since it was raining and overcast all day long, I decided to postpone the testing until it is sunny. Sunny is a normal condition in Southern California. This weekend, when it should be around 73F / 23C, will be a perfect time to test the charger.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home