Thursday, November 05, 2009

L. A. Food Show

L. A. Food Show
Doug had to come up to my flat on Tuesday to go over some paperwork. What originally looked like a long problem was solved in about five minutes. It is certainly very nice to resolve a problem so quickly.

One of the benefits of having Doug stop by was that he showed me how to use the DVR that came with my high definition decoded box from Time Warner cable. I can now go out of Saturday nights and not miss my Korean historical drama, now at Episode 79.

Since Doug was up, I invited him and his girl friend to go to the L. A. Food Show for dinner. Doug said that it should work out but that he needed to check with her. We finally agreed on a time and met there for dinner.

We had a very nice meal with the moderately inattentive service. The level of service seems to have fallen off since I first started coming to the Show. I suspect the staff has been cut back because of slow and lower customer traffic. That would not surprise me at all.

I had a grilled mahi mahi that was flattened to about a quarter inch thickness. It was served with what was supposed to be a brown butter caper sauce.

The manager came by our table to see if we were having a good meal. She specifically asked me about my dish since it is a new one. I told her that it was only an “ok” meal since there were no capers in the sauce as far as I could tell. She said that there were capers in the sauce but I had witnesses, Doug and his girl friend, who said there were no capers.

I was ready to point out that I may not always be right but I am always the customer to the manager if she wanted to make an issue of it.

Perception is, after all, my reality.

The manager came back again just as I was served my desert on a dirty plate. I was tempted to ask her to take the desert off of the bill. Instead, I asked her for a clean plate. Doug and his girl friend almost had finished their strawberry velvet cake by the time my desert retuned on a clean plate.

Doug had some short ribs and his girl friend had a large salad. Their meals were fine.

Overall, I would have to rate the meal as only a C- at best.

I hope they will be better in all areas when I am back in December with the Princess. The Princess is not as forgiving or tolerant as I am.

Thanksgiving Shopping
I was at the local market this morning because I was out of food. A market is a good place to go to find food.

Since I was there, I decided to start my Thanksgiving Diner shopping as well. The store was almost empty of customers and the aisles were all neatly stacked with what I needed. I picked up everything except the turkey and the fresh vegetables that go into the stuffing and rolls. I can get those ingredients in a week or so.

I did phone Doug a couple of times to make certain that I was getting the foods, instant potatos for example, that he likes. Doug can be a picky eater at times.

Visitors and I don’t mean the new television show
We had another typical week for visitors. We had 126 visitors and they viewed 174 unique blog postings. For the month of October, we had a total of 500 visitors to the blog; this was slightly better than September.

The blog did get a referral from Doug’s old blog, skeetonmischa.blogspot.com. This blog has been closed for almost two years now.

I didn’t see any visitors from Iran in this week’s look. Maybe those young men who visited last week were at the mosque instead of looking at photos of young Western and Asian women in skimpy bikinis.

Visitors the new television show
I do think that Morena Baccarin did look particularly attractive as Anna. I am certainly glad that Doug showed me how to record the program. I didn’t see myself as giving up on NCIS to watch V instead.

I like her performance in FIREFLY and then in the film version, SERENITY. I think it will take me some time to get used to her in the very short hair that she has for her role of Anna in the new version of VISITORS or V.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home