Saturday, May 08, 2010

Chuckay Day

Chuckay Day
I celebrated Chuckay Day by working. In the morning, I worked on lecture notes for my Friday evening class. Not a very promising way to start celebrating.

Then, I went to school to teach the class that I had been working. That class went for me. I had 100% attendance which will make the administration happy. The students need the class so they can graduate in September. If they didn’t take it from me, they would have to repeat the course in an online environment.

One of my students gave me a semi-gag birthday gift at school on Friday. This is easy to do since I have been teaching at the campus for three and a half years now. Her gift was a joke can with spring snakes inside that burst out when you open the can lid. She thoughtfully included some chocolate candy as well.

This was the first time that any of my students have ever gotten me a birthday gift.

One of my current students sent me an email birthday greeting. During an ice breaker exercise in one of my classes, we discovered that we share the same birth date. She was so surprised to find someone with her birth date; I think she was more surprised to find out it was her instructor. She signed the email, your Birthday Buddy.

Excellent.

My Facebook wall was written on by former students who wished me a Happy Birthday. One former student said she bought a case of cold Heinekens in my honor but was going to drink it with her friends.

At least I can take credit for upgrading her beer choice.

The Princess and the Golfer sent me very funny cards. I think she spent some time finding these cards because they were very funny. The Princess is not much on sentiment.

Doug called to wish me a Happy Birthday.

Since school is going to be closed for part of next week, I suggested to Doug that we get together for lunch on the 13th. I wanted to look at the new facility before classes start on the 17th and find out where my classrooms will be. I said we could have lunch at the Corner Bakery in the Block of Orange which is a compromise in terms of distance and it is adjacent to the new campus location.

Doug asked about the 14th. That wouldn’t really work out well since that is my next visit with Dr. Karen. He said the 13th worked for him.

Perfectomundo.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home