Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Earthquakes, Fires, Floods, Mudslides, Drought and now Tornados

Earthquakes, Fires, Floods, Mudslides, Drought, and now Tornados
I thought I had lived through all that Mother Nature could toss at Southern California. I have been here for every major earthquake since 1952. I thought I had seen it all.

Yesterday, a tornado or tornados struck the Orange County coast; none were near Doug. Compared to tornados that strike our Midwest, our tornado was a minor one; an overturned SUV, some roofs blown off, some boats blown out of the water, and some damage to homes. I don’t think there was any damage to trailers or mobile homes.

Of course, there was thunder and lightning. There was what seemed to be a large strike that was about two miles from the building.

This was all from the weakest of the three storms that are supposed to roll across Southern California for the next few days.

It is raining again. I heard some thunder but I think the lightning strike was fairly far away because I didn’t see any light flash.

Driving to class was a nightmare yesterday because a tractor trailer rig crashed and blocked four lanes on the freeway at the beginning of the afternoon commute. There was only one lane open and traffic was rapidly backing up. I exited the freeway as soon as I could and took alternate routes to get around the accident.

That was no fun at all.

I expect the drive to school tonight will be worse. How much worse is open to question. I will be leaving on the early side for school though.

On the plus side, my third hospital book arrived yesterday so I am set for reading while I am recovering.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home