Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Writing in the Rain

Writing in the rain
I am not actually writing in the rain. That would be silly for so many reasons. First, I would probably develop a case of pneumonia and that would cause my surgery to be put off for some undetermined time. Second, the new Lenovo T500 laptop would get soaked. I know that water and electronic equipment do not play well together.

I ducked out of the flat this morning to run a few errands. Rain began again as I was out. I heard some thunder as I went into my building at the end of the trip.

I am not looking forward to the drive to school tonight. It will be long and on the messy side. Southern California drivers, as a rule, do not drive well in adverse conditions like wet pavements.

Yesterday and today are shaping up as days when former students, co-workers and current students are phoning or emailing me.

Two current students emailed me last night about getting some extra tutoring in one of my Project Management courses. This is not the best time for tutoring since I am going into the hospital on the 27th for surgery. I gave them a couple of days when I will be at school.

One of my former students asked me how to properly cite a United States Supreme Court decision for a paper she was writing. This was relatively easy to help her.

Then, I had a former co-worker call me and ask for help on how to prepare a motion for his credit union’s board of directors. It seems the examiners would like to see more detail in the reports and minutes. I gave him a couple of solutions for the board of directors’ reports that should work for him and a suggestion on how to increase his income without taking on any undue risk or asset liability management problems from the examiners.

ethel’s Chocolates sent me an email saying the candy I had ordered for Molly, Natalie, and Rachel will be delivered on Thursday. That should make them happy.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home