Sunday, January 24, 2010

Defragging my internal hard drive

Defraggng my internal hard drive
Yes, I know that it is impossible to defragment one’s mind. I look at this concept as a way to clear odd and now irrelevant ideas from my mind. I do this periodically; I think it helps me.

I was opening some mail after I returned home from school yesterday. I had let the mail pile up. I had a letter from an insurance company that threatened to stop sending me unsolicited and unwanted mail unless I responded immediately to their final letter. The only thought that crossed my mind as I tore the unopened letter apart was that the insurance company keeps its promise and doesn’t write me anymore.

The blog had a visitor from Chunky, Mississippi this past week. I was struck by the potential of the humor that might occur if you lived in Chunky. What if you were somewhat overweight and lives there?

For the record, I am slowing losing weight. I weighed 184.5 pounds on Friday morning after my shower. It has been easy for me to lose some weight; I eat smaller portions and I don’t consume as much sweets with their empty calories as I once used to do.

I stopped at Giuliano’s on my way home from school yesterday; Erica took my order for a large sandwich and a chocolate brownie. At one time in my life, I would have consumed the entire sandwich in one meal; now, I will take four meals to finish it off.

For the last month or so, I have been eating Stouffer’s Lean Cuisine dinners. I won’t argue the fact the dinners are frozen and microwavable and probably do not taste as well as a freshly prepared meal would taste. They are relatively low in calories so that I can get out of dinner with about 600 to 700 calories; I usually have a small salad with the main meal.

Last week, the blog had 180 visitors including one from Chunky, Mississippi, who viewed 214 unique pages. I do appreciate all of you who stop by the blog.

One of my former students sent me an email this week asking for help in how to properly cite a United States Supreme Court decision on a paper that she was writing. I will admit that I had to look the proper method up in my Publication Guide because Supreme Court cases do not usually appear in business school dissertations. I sent her the answer about two hours after I received her request. She thanked me when she saw me at school.

It does feel nice to be helpful and appreciated.

My drive to school on Saturday was epic. The roads were almost empty of slow moving traffic; that is such a joy to be able to drive at full speed. The five or six days of ran washed all of the oil and other stuff off of the road surface so the traction was great; I took some turns faster than I normally would have and the Prelude held its grip of the road perfectly. Granted, I was driving east into the rising sun. The sky was clear and close to cloudless so I was very glad to have my Bausch & Lomb sunglasses on yesterday.


I took this photo of our local mountains this morning. It is not the best photo of snowy mountains because my camera is an older model and the mountains are about forty or fifty miles away. The series of rainstorms probably dumped five or six inches of rain on the area and left several feet of snow in the mountains. It was a good start at ending the drought that has hit Southern California.

I don’t think I am going to be doing in the next week or so because of the scheduled surgery and recovery. I will be back when I feel better.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home