Thursday, May 22, 2014

Godzilla



I went to see Godzilla yesterday afternoon. I paid the extra money so I could enjoy the film in IMAX 3D. I thought USD$17.25 was a steep price.
It was money very well spent.
I loved the new version or reboot of the 1954 classic. The 1998 version should have never been made. The basic plot line follows the Godzilla tradition of the big guy saving humanity from itself.
The only part of the film that left me cold was Godzilla’s scream or cry. This version is just loud noise and not a back tingling sound that Toho created. I believe the producers obtained licenses from Toho to use the creature concept. They should have tossed down a few more bucks and picked up the original sound.
IMAX is a superb format for films like Godzilla.
I just wished the theater operator had considered powering down the sound system to reflect the small, early afternoon audience. I think the multiplex screening room held probably five hundred at capacity. I doubt there were more than a three dozen viewers. The sound was painfully loud for me.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home