Monday, March 14, 2005

Big shout out to The Princess

Here's a big shout out to The Princess.

Today is her birthday. I won't say which one except to say that she didn't have to use a fake ID to get a drink when she celebrated with her friends.

For the record, The Princess is my favorite daughter.

For the complete record, The Princess is my only daughter.

Anyway, moving along, today was a semi-crummy day. Firstly, it was warm and sunny today, just about the complete opposite of the weekend weather and that is no fun at all.

Secondly, my alarm did not function well this morning so I woke up an hour late. That meant I got stuck in the commute traffic on the I-405 Freeway. I wouldn't use the term "Rush Hour" because there is no rush unless there is a stiff breeze blowing and you have your windows rolled down.

Thirdly, I saw who else in Utah's March Madness bracket. If Utah wins out, they end up playing Duke in the bracket finals and that is not exactly anything close to a cup of tea, coffee, or latte. It is a very good performance for a first year coach who was not expected to achieve much more than a winning season and maybe beat BYU once or twice.

The Princess, who went to Utah like I did, and I talked about the basketball team when I called to wish her Happy Birthday. We concluded that it was a great year to be Utah alum and to wear the Utah logowear. The Princess proudly wears her Utah 2005 Fiesta Bowl Championship sweatshirt in Atlanta now. I am wearing my Fiesta Bowl sweatshirt now.

The day seemed to go fairly quickly for a Monday. Everything seemed to come together. I left the office about twenty minutes later than I usually do and ended up at home about the same time as I do when I leave on time. There is no accounting for Los Angeles freeways.

I have been plugging along with doctoral disseration and one could say that I am making actual progress. It is slow progress but I am moving the ball forward and getting closer to completion. When I finish, I wonder what I will do next in regards to school.

I read about a study in the paper today that seems to suggest more educated adults have a better chance of fighting off Alzheimer's than those without higher education. I would like to continue to take classes but only for fun. Maybe I could claim the tuition as a medical expense deduction.

Naw. The IRS wouldn't allow that most likely.

I can't see any really good reason to get into another educational - degree program after I finish the Doctor of Business Administration.

Wait. I take that back.

If Salma Hayek or Lucy Liu were going to be my study partner for two years, well, then I would sign on for the program in a Los Angeles minute which is about three of your normal minutes or more if your point of view is New York City.

I think it would be fun to be able to go to take college level courses and not care about my grades except to get the "Gentleman's C." I would hate to have to work and study clutter up my educational fun.

Well, I think it is time to go do some more reading in the book the Girl Friend got me. I am now up to page 462 out of 782.

And so gentle readers, be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home