Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Where's Chuck been?

Hello gentle readers.

Guess what?

I wasn't here to post a blog last night. But, you knew that already. I was off doing useful stuff for me.

Last night was the annual owners meeting for the building where I live. Sure, I know you are saying, "Well Chuck, you could have blown off the meeting and spent the time here with us." This clearly was an option but it would have cost me $25, the fine for missing the annual meeting.

The annual meeting was a bore. It was conducted improperly but who cares. I did not run for office in the homeowners association. If someone would have nominated me, I would have used that great line from William T. Sherman on elections, "If nominated, I will not run. If elected, I will not serve."

If the Big Guy was there, he would have pointed out the Hot Chick at the meeting and asked who she was. It is true she meets the Big Guy's Hot Chick definition and appears to be single. Neither I nor I hope the Big Guy would go out with her.

The Hot Chick is a policewoman. She has handcuffs and knows how to use them. She has pepper spray and knows how to use it. She has a metal nightstick and knows how to use it. She has a firearm and knows how to use it.

All I could think about is what would happen to me if I went too far with her.

Nasty, evil, ugly times [shudders].

The Hot Chick would be perfect to take along to some party or event where you were concerned about your safety although I think it might be difficult to slip her 9mm into a small, lady's handbag.

By the time the meeting was over and I had my dinner, it was almost bedtime for me. So I just checked my email instead and hopped off to bed.

Have you ever helped a friend and later find out they disregarded all of your advice?

I think that just sucks. I had helped an out of work friend in her job search. I found her a job to apply for that she was qualified. I had given her a near perfect resume submission cover letter. All she had to do was change the date and address of the recipient.

Click print, fold, seal, and mail and the job was done.

Instead of using my really good letter, she either made up one of her own or used an old cover letter of her own. When she read it to me over the phone, my stomach started to churn and I knew that she was not going to get a call for an interview.

I stopped counting fatal flaws at four in the middle of the second paragraph.

Why are some people so dumb? Why do people ask others for help and then just ignore the assistance completely? At least, I would have gotten the recipient of the resume cover letter greeting correct.

Yesterday was nice in terms of the weather. It was warm and sunny again. Of course, I was at work so all of the nice weather went down the climatic drain for me. It was cool and overcast when I drove to work and it was getting cool and overcast when I drove home from work. The view from my office window was nice. I will have rain in Atlanta this weekend when I go see The Princess and her roomie. If I had stayed here at the beach in Los Angeles, I would have had rain so the weekend weather looks like it will be a draw.

All in all, it was a good day for me. The week is more than half over and that is good. I need to go do some useful stuff like fold up my laundry and think about what I will take with me to Atlanta.

Be well and stay happy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home