Thursday, March 17, 2005

Utah won

Hola blogistas.

It was a wonderful day this afternoon when Utah won its first round game in the Men's NCAA Basketball Tournament. They beat university of Texas El Paso in an exciting and close game that came down to the last two minutes.

I suppose some of you are wondering how I was able to keep up with an afternoon basketball game since I work. We can't just drop everything for two hours in the middle of the day and watch the game on television now can we?

The Princess was providing me with email updates every few minutes or so. She works in the non-profit sector and maybe they are a bit more relaxed or alternatively her boss could just be a really big college basketball fan. Anyway, it was nice to be able to read of the Utes victory.

Utah plays Oklahoma on Saturday and that should be a real test of the young team and their first year coach. If Utah does win out, they will probably play Duke in the regional finals. I would not be putting much money on the Utes up against an experienced team like Duke.

I was checking the weather forecast again today. It looks like I just might miss any rain for Southern California tomorrow and any rain in Atlanta. That would be very drive and sweet. Besides that, it makes packing for the trip to Atlanta easier and I can travel lighter. Traveling light is a major advantage when you have to hike through Hartsfield International Airport in Atlanta.

I need to go study some before I call it a night. I plan to get a solid night's sleep since I am taking the red-eye to Atlanta tomorrow night and do not think I will be sleeping much on the flight.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home