Sunday, April 17, 2005

Belly Shirts and Booty Shorts and Bad Tats - the Weekend Update

Hello bloggers.

I have been off on my Spring Break and now I am ready to return to blogging on a regular basis and even doing some work.

It was last week, Thursday actually, when I reaffirmed my decision to live in Southern California and to live at the beach. I went to my home version of the coffee store I visit every day at work. Since I had no reason to be anywhere soon, I took my daily paper with me so I could drink my coffee while I read the newspaper.

I was just finishing up reading the sports section when a young, tall, tanned, and blonde woman entered the store. She was wearing a red cotton belly shirt that stopped about four inches above her navel, she wore a silver navel ring as well. She had no visible extra poundage anywhere. Since it was cool, she was showing that she was not wearing a bra. It was obvious because she jiggled when she walked in her high heel sandals.

Her booty shorts were low cut to start with and barely covered her butt. Actually, it looked like the last inch or so of her butt escaped being covered by the shorts. Life was very good, more like excellent, for your humble writer.

I noticed she was wearing a rock big enough to choke a small dog on the third finger of her left hand. It started me wondering how her husband felt or would feel if he knew that she went out dressed like that.

Then, I mentally shrugged and went on with the business section of the newspaper. I had enough excitement for the day so far.

I had lunch on Thursday with a former co-worker at his new job. The main reason I met him for lunch was that he was working out at the beach and it was a short drive for me into his new office.

We had a pleasant time. The restaurant we went to had a really hot, blonde hostess that stopped by our table all during lunch. I am fairly certain she was not stopping by the table because of me; I am old enough to be her father. I think my friend will do well in the new job. He will have to learn the new company's culture and processes. But, once he figures that out, he should do very well there. He will be making a step up in the organizational food chain at the new job since it is at a larger company than the one we both worked at.

Anyway, Thursday was a day for blondes it seems.

Friday was car trouble day. I have two cars but can only drive one at a time. I prefer to drive my Honda Prelude instead of my Nissan Pathfinder. My preference is now supported by the sound economics of the Honda's very superior gas mileage. I decided to take the Pathfinder when I went out to see the Big Guy for lunch.

The Pathfinder wouldn't start so I had to call the Auto Club to jump start a dead battery. I settled in for a wait after I made the phone call.

The tow truck came in about 15 minutes and it was operated by a young, slender, single [no wedding ring present], woman with short brown hair. She was more my type; I prefer brunettes actually.

I had actually entertained the idea of asking what she did when she wasn't towing cars until she took off her jacket. She had tattoos on the length of both arms and I would assume on other places as well. I don't mind the minor tats like a butterfly or heart young women seem to have now. I just draw the line when the tats go much beyond that.

Needless to say, I have absolutely no idea what she does when she isn't running a tow truck. Maybe she gets more tattoos.

The drive out to pick up the Big Guy for lunch and then to luncheon venue fully charged my Pathfinder's battery.

We ate at the Original Tommy's Hamburgers in Westminster. It is a form of burger heaven for us. Doug had a triple chili cheeseburger with chili fries and a large drink. I exercised an element of restraint with a double chili cheeseburger with chili fries and a medium drink. It was wonderful.

Then, we boggied off to DVDPlanet.com, which is a real DVD store, to buy some more DVDs.I picked up four DVDs including The Adventures of Robin Hood, Bad Education, and The Blind Swordsman Zatoichi. A rather eclectic collection of DVDs but it fits into my overall scheme of building a DVD collection that the Big Guy and the Princess can argue over after I am gone.

Saturday and Sunday were loafing days. I did some laundry and some cleaning around the house. I also smoked a cigar on each day as I read out on my balcony. I closed the sliding glass door to the balcony to keep the cigar smoke out. I might smoke inside if I was laying tile, painting, or hanging wall paper.

Let the different smells fight it for air superiority.

I got an email notice from the University of Utah that the 2004 Tositos Fiesta Bowl game where Utah crushed Pittsburgh was available on a commercial free DVD. I ordered a copy of the DVD for the Princess along with a new red, Utah tee shirt to view the game more comfortably.

So, there you have the second half of my Spring Break. Tomorrow brings a return to the usual grind. It will be interesting to see what has happened in the week I have been gone.

And I leave you, gentle readers, with my be well and stay happy closing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home