Thursday, April 07, 2005

It's almost Friday

Hello gentle readers.

Today was Thursday and now it is almost over. This is good.

I spent most of my day in the office getting ready to go on vacation next week. I was cleaning up little nagging odds and ends today. I sent out an email notice to those I work with regularly so they wouldn't send me emails or leave less than cryptic voice mail messages for when I return to work.

My vacation is no big deal. I will be at home and I will be working on writing for my doctoral disseration. I won't bore you with the subject except to say that I find the topic fascinating. I hope my dissertation committee will agree with me on this count.

Since I am going to be writing all day long, I do not see myself as coming in here and tossing out more blog postings. I expect to make a posting or two but nothing anywhere near my regularly posting volumes.

The Big Guy would say that I have gone on hiatus with my blog for a week and that you will just have to hunt around in the archives to make up your own personal "best of Balancing Checkbooks" list. I think my March Madness related postings are particularly good.

On Saturday, I am playing the part of an "old mall walker" in a student film by Robin Brown. The company has a 6:30 AM call at a mall in Orange County. I will be getting up at 4:30 so I can be there on time and not kill myself getting there. The Big Guy called to tell me there was a Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf at the mall. Coffee Bean is where I go for coffee everyday at work. This was major pick-up for me.

Obviously, I will be in bed early on Friday night.

I need to take care of some things around here so I go do some useful and productive activities now.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home