Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Short Post Tonight

[Yawn.]

It has been a long day for me gentle readers. I went to be last night at a reasonable hour for someone who is getting up at 5:00 AM. I slept well until around 2:40 AM when I woke up and then flopped around until the alarm went off.

That just sucked.

I got some things completed in the office today. All I have left to do to prepare for my day long training session is punching holes in some handouts and making up two complete binders for my big boss.

Normally, I would punch the holes on casual Friday. I will punch the holes on Thursday because that is the day of the week when the cleaning crew vacuums the offices and the rugs. If I punch holes tomorrow, then any drops will get swept away.

I suppose you have heard about how Tom Cruise has been acting over Katie Holmes. It is very hard to avoid not hearing or reading about their antics unless you are a hermit. If you are/were a hermit, then you would not be reading this blog.

Actually, I think it is a good idea.

Cruise is helping making it acceptable for older men, like me, to go out with much younger women. Using his age scale, I could broaden my dating horizon down into the mid-30s instead of limiting myself to the late-40s and older. That is a nifty horizon shift now.

I noticed in the most recent photos of the loony couple, she is wearing the same black – dark brown leather dress.

Full and fair disclosure: I do not intentionally tune in Entertainment Tonight or the Insider. Those shows just follow the CBS Evening News that I watch while I am having my dinner

I would have thought she could afford something new with the money she must have made making Batman Begins. Tom could have sprung for a quick run to Wal-Mart, K-Mart or Penney's for new threads as well; he is not in poverty by any means.

I took my blood pressure tonight as I do almost every night. I had a Diet Snapple Iced Tea to drink for lunch today instead of a can of Coke or Diet Coke. My pressure dropped about 20 points so it looks like I will become a Diet Snapple drinker from now on out or until we get decaf Coke or some root beer back in the office.

Look, I am feeling tired and want to crawl into bed now. I will be back tomorrow night with a longer, more normal length posting with some more observational humor from my stop at the market on my way home from the office today.

Be well and stay happy and sleep well and dream better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home