Thursday, May 26, 2005

Justice was served today

Hello gentle readers.

Today was one of those really great days that makes you feel proud to be a law abiding American.

In Kalifornia or California, we have a program that allows cars with two or more passengers priority to get on a freeway. The rest of us with just a driver in the car have to wait our turns at the metered on-ramp. I was sitting there, waiting in line, when this clown, all alone in his car, ignores the car pool only lane law and drove onto the slow moving freeway without going through the meter process.

Right in front of the California Highway Patrol black and white cruiser that was parked, waiting for someone like him to drive by. The cruiser popped on its lights and nailed the driver before he even got into a traffic lane. By the time I got on the freeway, a few minutes later, the officer was in the exchange of information and "please sign your $271 ticket" phase.

That was so EPIC!

It made going to work pleasurable to know that there is Justice in this world of ours.

I learned, in an e-mail exchange with the Princess, that Southerners do observe our Memorial Day and remember their men who died in support of "the cause." I suppose the red neck stores do a brisk business in Confederate battle flags about now.

I scored the Bloc Party tickets for the Big Guy this morning with no trouble at all. He was nervous that all of the L.A. hipster wanna be's would suck up all of the tickets and he would be left out in the cold.

He was very relieved when I told him that he had his tickets. He put up a modified posting in his blog saying it was OK to buy tickets to see Bloc Party because "I gots mine."

There is only one minor detail that he has yet to work out; what to do with the fourth ticket I ordered for him. If you will recall from last night, I suggested he invite Annie the Ghost Blog Writer to join him there; not as a date, but like two friends meeting somewhere. I will have to ask him what he will do with the ticket when I see him on Monday.

I have been working on two loans at work. Both of the loans would fall into a brand new credit program at the Bank. If I did well, I would be happy. One of the loans fell apart because of conditions with the borrower. I was sort of glad the deal blew up because it was a marginal, stretch deal.

The other loan is really solid and strong. It will be an easy loan to get approved because it is almost bullet proof. It is far easier to get a straight forward, simple, first time deal approved than it is to jump through a gazillion hoops trying to make a deal work out.

The weekend is shaping up nicely for me. I should get out of work early tomorrow. That is nice except I have to drive home on the crowded freeway. Still, leaving work early is leaving work early.

Saturday is the big Chuckay Dinner Celebration event with the Big Guy and the Girl Friend. I plan to kick back and do some work around the house during the day to build an appetite for the big steak dinner at Morton's the Steakhouse.

Sunday is sleep in-day. I will blob around and not do much of anything except maybe a little reading and I may smoke a cigar on the balcony. If the weather is fairly decent, I will bar-be-que some chicken or beef or both on the barbie Sunday afternoon or evening. The idea of cold bar-be-qued chicken with potato salad and baked beans does sound very tasty to me. I was thinking about this on the way home tonight and it sounded just plain yummy to me.

Monday is Star Wars - Episode III: Revenge of the Sith day. I will see the movie on a big screen with a digital projection in the morning and then catch up with the Big Guy for some lunch. Lunch will either be at Albertacos, Fatburger, or Tommy's hamburgers.

I asked the Big Guy what his thoughts were on the food venue when I told him about his tickets. He was noncommittal about where we would go to eat. Any one of the three is fine with me.

I hope you all have a great weekend. If you live in the United States and enjoy your freedoms, remember to thank a veteran for what you enjoy.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home