Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Stupid is as stupid does, again

Hello gentle readers.

I have some more observational humor for you. The Big Guy thinks I am getting good with my observational humor efforts.

I was watching the CBS Evening News the other night. They were running a report on a new treatment to prevent smoking. I paid attention because my mother was a smoker and died of lung cancer and other smoking related diseases. It also means that I was exposed to second hand smoke for twenty years or so.

Not the best future; but, what I am going to do? I will go on and live my life as best I can.

The new treatment is based on preventing the nicotine addiction by breaking up the connections in the brain that respond to nicotine. I thought that was really cool since it overcomes the shortfalls of the patch and gum and hypnosis and probably acupuncture as well.

I figured the pill would have a cost but it would be much less expensive than the treatment for lung cancer. Medical insurance companies would endorse its use because of the long term health benefits and lower patient care costs. Insurance companies have never been known for their warm hearts.

So what’s not to like about this new medicine?

Apparently, packers do not think it is such a great idea. By the way, packers are not true fans of Vince Lombardi and Bret Favre. Packers smoke a pack of cigarettes a day.

CBS interviewed a packer as part of their report. This packer felt there were unknown, potential, long term, side affects from the pill.

Hmmmm. Maybe the packer was concerned about nausea, diarrhea, or maybe some loss of sleep.

Gee, those don’t sound too bad when compared to the long term affects of smoking a pack of cigarettes a day for decades. From what I can gather from a quick glance at the Surgeon General’s warning notices, the long term affects of smoking seem to be a slow painful death from lung cancer and its related diseases.

Slow painful death versus nausea.

It’s not rocket surgery here that we’re talking about. This is a no-brainer, period. Well, maybe expect for the interviewee who is a blonde female and that may explain her answer and logic completely.

Moving along.

When I got to my office this morning, I was taking off my suit coat so I could place it on a hanger on the back of my door. As usual, I put my hands in both pockets. I found $18 in one pocket. That was both a surprise and a treat for me. It has been almost two weeks since I last wore that suit. I have no recollection of where the money came from but I will enjoy spending it just the same.

I got a lot done today for a change. I spent close to four hours reading sample promissory note and loan agreement forms. I was trying to find ones that would work in the new credit programs I have developed.

I found almost all of the forms I need. These can be adopted with minimal modification. The last one will require extensive modification. I think I can make the changes and get the lawyers to approve them.

All in all, not a bad day for me and I hope you had a great day as well.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home