Sunday, June 05, 2005

Weekend Update

Hello gentle readers.

This will be a short weekend update posting for a change. Now some of you out there are wondering why this will be a short posting. The answer is simple, I didn’t do very much that was note worthy.

Saturday was spent writing and working on my dissertation. I came to a major breakthrough and completely rethought my research component. I have changed the scope from surveying around 1,800 respondents to surveying around 600 respondents. I believe the results will still be valid but my statistical work will be substantially less.

I watched my Korean historical drama after a dinner of a baked potato with sour cream and chives, parsley, and basil, a bar-be-qued steak, and a salad.

The Big Guy called me because he thought he had serious car trouble. Since it was late and any likely repair place was closed, I told him I would be out to see what I could in the morning.

Then, I went to bed and slept very soundly. I don’t think the Big Guy slept well at all.

The drive out to South Orange County was nice but not as nice as it was last weekend for the holiday. I could not use the cruise control today.

I took a look at the front end of the car when I arrived. There were no visual signs of any problems like leaking fluids. The Big Guy started the car and the engine was fine. Then, he put it in gear and it made a dreadful metal on metal grinding sound.

He stopped the car and got out so I could drive to the repair place which ended up at Sears Auto Center. I drove the car and experienced the same metal on metal sounds for the first part of the trip. By the time I had driven a half mile or so, the sounds stopped.

I explained what had happened to the service people at Sears. They agreed to check the car out while we grabbed lunch.

Lunch was at Fatburger.

I exercised restraint at lunch, having only a Fat-cheeseburger, fries, and a small drink [root beer]. The Big Guy opted for a Kingburger [twice as large], fries, and a medium drink. We took our time with lunch, making a couple of cellphone calls. We ate outside so we had the opportunity to gaze at the women that walked by. Always an extremely good use of one’s time.

After lunch, we went to the Barnes & Noble Book Store to check things out. The Big Guy picked up a book. I couldn’t find anything that caught my fancy. We headed back to Sears.

As we were driving back to Sears, the service people called to say the car was ready. They could not find anything wrong and believed the trouble was caused by condensation on the brake rotors. This would tend to explain why the noise went away as I drove the car. My braking dried out the rotors. The Big Guy drove his car back to his house with no troubles.

I came home and read before dinner. Dinner was a sandwich tonight because I was still full from lunch.

And that, gentle readers, was my weekend. Next weekend will be more interesting as I will be seeing the Girl Friend.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home