Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Big Shout Out

I need to give a big shout out to the readers from the Big Guy's blog, skeetonmischa, that came over and visited the Dad's blog on Monday. It's always nice to see new readers.

I don't think these new readers will stay around since I do not write about modern music or college life. I don't even know who or what group I would write about.

The Big Guy just called Dad and asked if he could order some tickets to see Blocparty when they play here in June. He wasn't sure of how many tickets he needed or what day for that matter. I did point out that those data points were semi-critical since I had no desire to buy out the house on both nights. He did promise to get back to me after he hears from his friend. I think his friend has to check with his girl friend first.

Oh yeah, one other big point. He said his blog was MIA [missing in action and not M.I.A., some rock group/band/singer] right now [7:30 PM PDT] because blogspot.com was moving some sites around on the servers today. It looks like his was one of those that temporarily unavailable.
One of the groups that I like is the Rolling Stones, the world's greatest rock and roll band. I am actually toying with the idea of scoring a couple of tickets to their November [dress warmly] outdoor evening concert here in Los Angeles. The real question is who do I take with me to the concert?

Moving along.

I finished up my PowerPoint presentation that I started yesterday. I added another 5 pages so it is now 76 slides long. It has no slick animation or colorful graphics or sounds. Just a whole bunch of meaningful text.

The Big Guy was not pleased with his viewing of Episode III yesterday; you really need to read his description at http://skeetonmischa.blogspot.com to really appreciate the trials he went through. If I were Oliver Stone, I would looking under every seat in the theater for conspirators. I can't imagine how ugly that must have been. The twenty minutes of advertisements is dull and boring.

I put a call into my old friend's office very early this morning to let her know about the near perfect job. So far, it is almost 12 hours later and she has not returned my call so I guess she is either out of town or not very interested. Anyway, I have done my Boy Scout's good deed for the day by telling her about the job.

Bye the bye, did I ever mention that I was in the Boy Scouts and that I am an Eagle Scout? Yes, that's all true. My brother and I received our Eagle awards together. It was the first time in the town's history that had happened.

Full and fair disclosure: we lived in a small town but there must have been a couple of hundred boys involved in Scouting in the town when we were active but that was a long time ago.

The Big Guy went to see another film today. It was an English film called Layer Cake. It was not a great viewing experience for him. He has gone to see two films this week and both were disappointments.

Not a good sign.

Maybe the film gods were angry and he needs to make an offering to the film gods by burning a really bad script on a pile of celluloid film.

I need to go pay some bills tonight so I can kept the lights on and my Internet connection alive.

I guess blogspot is having some greater troubles tonight. I am unable to toss this blog up so maybe you will read Tuesday blog on Wednesday or later. I will try to post this after I struggle with the bills.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home