Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Post 4th of July Thoughts

The fireworks display was not that good in my hometown yesterday. But, it was not the fault of the city or anyone else. We had fog and low clouds come in. Some of the rockets burst above the fog level and we could not see the explosion. We could hear the explosion and then see the clouds glowing from the rocket's glare

This sort of thing happens when you live at the beach.

I did manage to catch some of the really dreadful network television holiday broadcasts.

I don’t know why these so-called musical artists have to offer their own impression of a great American classic song. Most could not write a decent song if their lives depended on it. They certainly can’t improve on George M. Cohen or Irving Berlin or Stephen Foster. Just sing the song that way it was written. It is much, much that way.

The Princess and her best girl friend came to visit Daddy for lunch. I took them to the Peninsula Hotel in Beverly Hills. It is an entertainment industry hotel but we did not see anyone famous or at least I did not see anyone that I could recognize as being famous.

The Princess and the best friend were quite taken by the menu. Kim, the best friend, said she was speechless over the choices for lunch. The Princess had a turkey burger and Kim had a salmon burger. Their meals looked very tasty.

We did a very un-L. A. thing at lunch. We walked to lunch. It was only a long two blocks to get there so it was not a long walk. Besides, the Princess said walking was better than being stuck in traffic. The Princess just hates being stuck in traffic.

I exercised restraint and had a salad for lunch. I knew I would be having some yummy chocolate for dessert. In fact, we all had chocolate for dessert. That was a perfect end to a great lunch.

After all, chocolate is life.

I know this is a short posting. But, the weekend update sort of drained all of the things that I could write about. I will not have a posting tomorrow night. I need to go do some other things and will not have time to do a posting.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home