Thursday, June 23, 2005

Almost the weekend

Hi there bloggers.

I know I managed to disappoint some of you out there that were expecting some more pithy prose from me last night. I had to work on a project from the office with time critical deadlines. Time critical deadlines are always bad and sometimes they can be deadly to one’s career.

The task was relatively simple or so I thought; all I needed to do was access MS Publisher to make some changes in a document. I have a valid copy of MS Publisher that I received when I purchased an Office Upgrade edition. I thought it would only be a case of tossing in a CD and loading the program.

Boy, was I ever wrong.

Since it is an Upgrade edition, it will look for the program that it upgraded. I am not really sure what program I upgraded from since I have gone beyond the Office 2000 Upgrade and am now running Office XP. It now looks like I will have to unwind a huge chunk of my hard drive and reload the old software.

This, of course, assumes that I still have the old software. I used to have an IBM Pentium tower machine. I gave that machine away along with a bunch of software. If I gave away the software, then I am out of luck.

I will swing past CompUSA on my way home from the office tomorrow and check out the price of a new version of MS Publisher. There may be a positive cost – benefits reward from going with a new product instead of trying to use an older upgrade version.

If you will recall from this time last week, I was remarking on the flowers the Girl Friend sent me for Father’s Day. The flowers still look wonderful. Vivian, one of the office assistants, said teh arrangement looked better today than it did on Monday. I think the flowers will finally meet their maker over the weekend. I will do my part tomorrow by watering them well. I just think that a week is about the outside time line for most common flowers.

Don’t ask me what kind of flowers they are; I don’t know except that some are daisies.

Last Friday, I took some photos of the flowers in the replica of the Ford pick-up truck. I dropped the film off at my local store where I have been dropping film for may be twenty years. The store has no record of my film envelop in its online records.

I will be so pissed off if they lost the film because it had some photos of my trip to Atlanta to see the Princess as well as some of the Chuckay Celebration [you need to review the May archive to understand Chuckay] photos.

I had a long phone call with the Big Guy today. He was in a poor mood because he received a mark of 3.5 out of a possible 4.0 on his mini-treatment. We talked about the project and I felt the grade was not that bad. The professor did have some valid comments that I agreed with. The professor also said the mini-treatment had the best character biographies he had read, that was a big plus.

The Big Guy just needs to punch up the final scenes so that they reach a more emotional conclusion. He also needs to expand the biography of one character. He can add three or four scenes at the end and a couple of flashback scenes and he is there for the emotional conclusion. I think he can handle the character issue with six or seven sentences in two small paragraphs.

All parents want to help their children to well in school. I am no different. I asked one of the film finance guys in the office if he would read over the mini-treatment and toss out whatever comments he had to offer.

The finance guy said he would be happy to do that. He even offered to ask one of our clients, a major production company, to have one of their development staffers take a look at the mini-treatment. I said thank you but I don’t think the Big Guy is ready for that sort of review just yet.

The Big Guy was surprised that I could ask an entertainment industry professional to review the project. He was also glad that I passed on the client’s review.

On the subject of the Big Guy, he and I will go see George Romero’s LAND OF THE DEAD on Sunday afternoon. He plans to see it tonight at midnight. The Big Guy also would encourage all of you to go see the film as well.

I am going to go see BATMAN BEGINS on an IMAX screen on Saturday. The Big Guy said this was the only way to see the film.

I hope you have a great weekend and I will see you next on Sunday.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home