Monday, June 20, 2005

This and that.

I don’t have a big theme for tonight’s blog posting gentle readers. You will just have to deal with the “this and that” of my life today.

I am not a very happy camper tonight blogistas.

The flowers the Girl Friend sent me for Father’s Day held up very well over the weekend in the office. Actually, I think they look better today than when they arrived last week. Some of the flowers that were closed upon arrival are now open. At the rate the arrangement is staying together, I think it may last until mid-week or possibly later. That would be really cool.

I know it is the start of Summer or soon will be at the beach. Summer, in Southern California, is supposed to be warm or almost hot. So why is there still snow on top of some of the local mountains?

This is just so wrong for Southern California. Sure, places like the Alps can have snow in June because they are supposed to be snow covered. But not here.

Oh well, having made my snowman semi-rant, it’s time to move along before everything melts.

As you know or may recall, I work on the 10th floor of a 22 story office building. The whole place has been a construction zone for about four months now and there is no end to the construction in sight. The building next to us is being gutted and its parking lot is full of dusty construction debris. You get the idea that this is a really messy place for now.

The building management had our windows cleaned over the weekend. I guess the crews worked on the weekend when the wind blown dust would be at a more minimal level. So, now, we have clean windows but I wonder for how much longer. I think things will be looking bad again in a couple of weeks. That seems like such a waste of money. Of course, the building management could have signed a long term contract that required so many cleanings over the life of the contract and it could have been a pay regardless whether we clean the windows or not feature. If that is or was the case, then clean away.

I went to see Michelle the Hair Stylist on my way home from work tonight. My hair was getting really long, almost shaggy to a point. I grew it longer than I usually would so Michelle would be able to over cut and ignore my styling requests. I was planning on having her ignore me as usual; I was thinking that I had grown a margin of error so the end result would be close to what I wanted.

I was wrong; so very wrong.

Michelle seems to not understand the phrases “light hair cut, "light trim,” and “I only want about a ¼ inch of hair cut off,” although she speaks fluent English. I was so disappointed with the outcome tonight. I feel that she just didn’t care tonight and I ended up suffering and will continue to suffer for several more weeks until the hair grows out again.

I will try whoever else is cutting hair the next time I go in and that should be in about four weeks. I figure that I can not be any worse off than I am now. I am unhappy with the results; I have to see the results every time I wash my hands.

The Girl Friend was saying how much she liked having my hair longer than it was before. Great, now she will be less than thrilled with the new hair cut.

I think I will go sulk for a while and then go to bed.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home